Thursday, December 6, 2007

Beyond Boring

So, I'm driving home from another fabulous day of work today and I notice that the car in front of me has one of those licence plate holder things that says:
"Dad's Mid-life Crisis Toy."
I instantly started laughing and pulled out my camera phone to try to snap a picture (while I was driving in the rain...oops!). Now the saying itself is not that funny....the part that made it funny was the car it was on. You would maybe expect something like that on a Porsche, BMW, or a cool old classic car. The car I saw it on however was a WHITE TOYOTA CAMRY! Did you catch that...not only was it a Toyota Camry, but it was WHITE. Could you possibly get any more conservative and any less Mid-life Crisis like? If a WHITE TOYOTA CAMRY is your version of a CRISIS then I'm sorry to be rude, but you are BEYOND BORING. I'm sure that Toyota Camrys are great cars...they always get excellent consumer ratings, excellent crash test ratings, excellent gas mileage, excellent resale, etc. But buying a conservative, well rated car in a conservative color is a smart buy, not a mid-life crisis! Now, maybe buying a purple, orange, bright yellow, or lime green Toyota Camry could be considered part of a mid-life crisis... but any purple, orange, bright yellow or lime green car purchase is a crisis no matter what the make and model of the car is. Please, everyone, if my life ever gets so horrible and boring that I consider buying a white sedan of any type to be living on the edge, please, someone, anyone, shoot me and take me out of my misery.

2 comments:

nettie said...

this made me lol! and you make me laugh too!

Audrey said...

That is hilarious!! I can just imagine this dude driving it with some silver poking through his dark hair and a deep hairline just grinning cuz he is living on the edge! Speaking of midlife crisis... my dad just bought a '65 Mustang! I asked if he and my mom had been cruising around in it... he said only he has...yikes dad!