Monday, December 10, 2007

TAGGED

A few weeks ago my friend Tricia tagged me, which I guess means that I have to write 5 things that are unique about me. I haven't had time to blog for awhile, but since I flunked my last final of the semester today, I now have time to blog away. So, 5 things that are unique to me...my brothers would say, "You're unique... just like everybody else." So, I'm going to change it and say here are 5 things that are weird or different about me, instead of unique since they aren't truly unique...I know, it is a technicality, but I just want to get it right.

I am weird/different because...

1) I am totally passive aggressive. This is a new discovery to me. Someone pointed it out to me when I told them about how I take care of things when my neighbors don't pick up their dog poo from my lawn. So, I looked up passive aggressive on Wikipedia and I think that it is true...I am a little passive aggressive. I just thought it was the nice way to get what you want done or said. But, according to Wikipedia, it is a DISORDER. So, I have a disorder...big deal. Here's a picture of my solution to when your neighbors don't pick up the dog poop from your lawn. It has worked wonders for me and my lawn. I think it is a good way to get your point across because 1) it is great for visual learners and 2) it makes a statement and 3) you don't have to confront anyone. Maybe I'm not truly passive aggressive though because I think that deep down I did it to be funny, but if it gets my point across too, great! P.S. The poop was gone within a day...I think it was gone before I even got around to taking the picture.

2) I don't like pets (cats and dogs). I would be afraid to admit this to the world because everyone that knows that I don't like cats and dogs thinks that I am a heartless, unkind, cold person. But I'm not... I love people, and sheep and goldfish. I got the courage to write this because Tricia wrote on her blog that she didn't like pets, so I don't feel so evil if someone else feels the same way I do. I know, you are asking yourself, "how could such a warm, loving, fun, kind person like Becca not like pets?" Let me tell you why...1)the only dog we ever had as kids was completely retarded 2)I got attacked and bit by a big dog when I was a kid 3)I am sort of a clean freak and well, pets aren't clean 4)One and a half years of South American Dogs...need I say any more?

3) I have never been on a cruise nor been to Hawaii. Yeah, I love to travel. I live for going on trips. I want to go everywhere. I am interested in every place and every culture, no exceptions. I have been to every continent in the world except for Antarctica and I have been to over 30 different countries, but I haven't been on a cruise and also haven't been to Hawaii...how weird is that? I guess I'm saving the close easy stuff for when I get old and decrepit.

4) I LOVE to have parties...especially theme/dress-up parties. I think that this may be an inherited trait from my Grandma Batt. She loved to always have something going at her house. As kids we had parties for nearly every holiday and everything you can think of at my Grandma Batt's house. We had back to school parties, Valentine's Day parties, Birthday parties, at least 2 different Christmas Parties, 4th of July parties, Easter parties, Bonfires, a wild New Year's Party, and parties just to have parties. We played games where we would chase each other all over the house and try to rip each others' socks off, games where we put on helmets and threw raw eggs or tomatoes at each other, strip poker (we would add extra clothes first), Annie-Annie Over, crazy hard Easter-egg hunts (where it wasn't at all unusual to find your Easter egg under a cow pie). I love parties because they bring people together.

5) I LOVE flowers. I really love flowers. I plant a crazy amount of them, especially considering how small my yard is. The last few years ever since I have had my own house I have had 4 crops of flowers. First crop is fall pansies. Second crop comes when the hundreds of tulip, daffodil, crocus, lily and other bulbs I have planted come up in the Spring. Third crop is the annuals that I plant as soon as the bulbs flowers die back. Fourth crop is the seed flowers that come up in the late summer and early fall as the annuals die back. I'm pretty sure that this obsession is genetic too thanks to my mom and Grandma Furness.

P.S. I tag Lee, Kim, Christa, Audrey, Heidi and Melissa.

9 comments:

Something McSomethingkins said...

Which Melissa precisely?

So, just so you know, I decided I'll play your little game if you change the link with my name on it to my actual blog--how's that for a deal with you? Yeah, so I don't know why I decided I needed another blog, but I had plans for it at the time, and thus the blog you found came into being. Needless to say, I never write on that one, but my other one I do. I do plan to eventually write about cds and shows I go to on the other one, but for the time being laziness prevails.

Something McSomethingkins said...

Seriously, what's up with owner approval? Are you afraid we'll embarass you?!

Anonymous said...

Becca, I shall not be a leech! The poo thing is wicked funny - I'd love to do it to my neighbors, but I just let my dog poop on thier lawn instead. Which is a bit passive aggressive on my part isn't it? However, it isn't as passive agressive as Jerry spitting on poorly parked cars. Anyway, back to your blog - I'd love for you to help me flower my yard. I totally love flowers too, but have no knowledge of gardening whatsoever.

P.S. I also liked your post about games to play in Sacrament Meeting!

Becca's Blog said...

I tag both Melissas...Melissa Porter and Melissa Ockey. Melissa Porter, I will change the link to your blog as soon as you 1)give me the link to your other blog and 2)send me your pics from the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. Just email them to me. And yes, I moderate my comments to keep things clean and appropriate. This is a PG-13 blog.

Jerry said...

Wow. I don't think I agree with you on any of those points -
#1 - rather than passively aggressive, I am actively aggressive. If I don't like something someone is doing, I usually just walk up and punch them right in the face.
#2 - I enjoy pets. Because I have a soul.
#3 - I have been on a cruise (but not to Hawaii). In some ways, you're really not missing much.
#4 - I hate parties. Especially trendy, passe Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties. Those are SOOO 2005.
#5 - I hate flowers. They're all like "Hey, I'm a beautiful colorful flower and I also smell good." Shut up, flowers. You're nothing but a bunch of spot-light loving show-offs.

Becca's Blog said...

Melissa Ockey...
I can't believe that Jerry spits on cars! What a jerk!
I would love to help you flower your yard anytime (except not now because it is too cold). I love to plant flowers.

Scout said...

Shoot, I was having a wonderful time reading your blog until I got to the 'tagged' part. I hope you don't really expect me to write something. In the odd event that I do...I will promise to come up with actual UNIQUE points of interest, not this I heart flowers ish.

Becca's Blog said...

Scout...
You are such a nasty little blogger. Always so mean and angry in all of your comments. Can I do something to help you? And yes, I expect you to do the tagged thing. Yeah, good luck coming up with 5 things that are absolutely unique to you! Ha.

Tricia said...

LOVED the tag comments.. And I almost peed my pants when I saw the dog poo one. Nigel is seriously going to do that next time our neighbor's dog comes over to do his business.