Thank you to all of you blog leeches that have come clean in the last 10 days since I called you out. I know there are still more of you out there though. (See my post from December 6th if you don't know what I'm talking about) I'm not trying to be mean or pushy with this blog leech thing. You don't have to leave a comment every time you are on...just occasionally. So, if you are a regular blog reader (one or more times/week) you should leave a comment AT LEAST monthly. If you are more of a casual blog reader (one time a month or less) then a good rule of thumb is to leave a comment every 4th time you get on. And, if you are reading this right now and you have NEVER left a comment then you at least better leave a comment here that says, "Hello, my name is ______ and I read your blog." Really, I just need to know who my blog audience is so I'll know what I need to keep my blog rated (currently it is PG), how sarcastic I can be, and who I shouldn't say bad stuff about. Ha ha. Like for example, today I found out th
at my dad reads my blog. Crap, now I have to be even MORE restricted in what I say. See, I shouldn't have even said "crap." My dad is kind of tight laced, which is funny to me since he was a TOTAL hell child when he was young. Luckily though, my dad can't figure out how to leave comments, so his blog opinion will not be heard. (He is pretty technologically impaired... he doesn't know how to check his voice mail on his cell phone either, even though he has had a cell phone since they looked like the ones on "Saved by the Bell!") Also, apparently my long-lost second cousin Allie is a total blog leech too. She told my brother Lee the other day, "I just love Becca's blog...it is funny...you would never know she was so funny by how she is in person. She is so quiet and reserved." Allie, if you think I'm quiet and reserved, I'm afraid it has been too long since you've been around me. We need to do lunch sometime. I don't think I've EVER been "quiet and reserved," so I'm glad that my blog can help you get to know the "Real Me" a little better. Although I don't think that I'm quite as mean/sarcastic/judgemental/etc as I may come across on my blog...maybe I am though, I don't know. And Russell...you are the worst blog leech ever because you always critique my blog and tell me how many spelling and grammar errors I make, and yet you aren't contributing to the world with a blog of your own or even any comments! So what, you are a single white 30 year old male...it is okay to blog. So blog leeches, you are loved and appreciated, but you will be even more loved and appreciated if you make yourselves known and contribute to the world by leaving the occasional comment on my blog. Stop sucking and start commenting.And one more thing...even if I don't know you (and you maybe linked to my blog from another blog), you can still leave a comment. If I cared who read my blog I wouldn't have it open to the public. It's not like I post my address or social security number here or anything.
If you are wondering about the picture attached to this blog post, it is one that came up when I did an image search for "leeches." According to the web page that I stole this sad but funny picture from, fat people "are a group of leeches that are sucking out all our well earned money, livelihood, and outlook as a country." SORRY EVERYONE!
7 comments:
um.. the fat kid pic reminds me of...well...me. and i wanted to tell you i went through there the other day to get a drink and the high five guy was there and i got too high fives and a little conversation too! He told me i rocked twice. You must GO when you come for christmas!
I don't like McDonald's at all, but I'm sure I can find something I can order so that I can meet "high five-you rock" guy. I wonder if we can figure out his work schedule so I won't have to waste any trips to Mickie D's. Maybe I can get my picture taken with him and post it on my blog. See you in a few days Lee & Kim.
Wow...yet another aggressive push for comments. Kinda desperate, huh?
Hey,you want it, you got it.
Sincerly,
CyberSnob
Wow Scout...you really are a snot. I'm glad I gave you the nickname "cybersnob"...it is SO fitting. Maybe if you would ever update your blog I could leave a comment on yours. That Mocktail Party stuff is pretty old.
Hello. My name is MOM and I read your blog.
I LOVE that your mom has come clean and mastered the "how to leave a comment"!
Ok so I was there when Allie said that to Lee and I too wondered if it was time for you two to do lunch cuz she obviously did NOT know the Becca I know!!
I was also wondering if when you go to McDonalds to get a high five and a "you rock" can you pick me up a Big Mac, Mc BLT, a quater pounder with some cheese, a filet of fish, a cheese burger, a hamburger, and a happy meal? ohh and don't forget the cinamelts AND Diet coke... Sure appreciate it!
audrey- next thanksgiving. you. me. mcdonalds.
Post a Comment