Thursday, December 13, 2007

Facebook Stalker Update

So, I'm finally coming to terms with facebook and am starting to see the good in it. I have had so many old friends contact me lately through facebook and it has been great to get back in touch. So now I sort of heart facebook. I decided that because I'm starting to heart facebook instead of hate facebook that maybe I should fix up my profile a bit, add some pics, and get rid of my facebook stalker (even though his many invites have kept me entertained). I logged into facebook tonight to start off by getting rid of the stalker and I was looking through my friends list trying to find his name so I could delete it...but HE WASN'T ON MY FRIENDS LIST ANYMORE! Instantly I thought,
'Oh my heck...facebook stalker deleted himself from my friends list! How dare he dump me...and right during the holidays. No one should get dumped during the holidays, no one. I guess he finally got sick of sending me all of those invites and NEVER getting anything back...put out, put out, put out, and never get back. Welcome to being a Mormon girl in Utah!'
Anyway, after freaking out a little and feeling rejected I decided to look into the matter a little more. And, I discovered that he wasn't showing up on my friends list because I had so severely limited what he could see on my profile that he wasn't really my friend anymore...he was just a person with limited access. Whew, sigh of relief, and self esteem goes back up. So, I went ahead and blocked him permanently from accessing my info. But as I'm logging myself out of facebook I notice a little message that says, "Kurt Somebody has poked you." I guess he saw that I was logged into facebook and just had to get one last poke in before I deleted him forever. I would have written him a message saying, "STOP POKING ME!!!" but that just isn't necessary now as he is gone forever. And by the way, I hate the poking thing. I think it is weird and even sounds a little disgusting. It is way worse than sheep throwing, vampire biting, and cyber cuddling.

7 comments:

jess said...

ok. i am so completely entertained and so glad that if facebook has done nothing else good for the world it has led me to have a good hard laugh tonight after reading your blog. i forgot how freaking funny you are. so glad you are hilarious as ever. remember mandarinas? what i wouldn't give..... and remember that bus ride when we were practically smashed up against the windshield and just knew we were going to get lice? i wish i had a better memory because mostly i just remember lots of laughing and can't entirely remember why. oh well. good times. and thanks again for the entertainment!

Becca's Blog said...

We really do need to get together and re-live the mission. I had no idea that missions were so much fun until I went on one. I really will try to make it down to San Diego sometime this winter. I am freezing cold right now so being in Cali sounds WONDERFUL.

jess said...

you're on! you're welcome anytime. winter isn't the best time to be in san diego, but i guess it's better than anywhere else! (i suppose i shouldn't complain about our 60 degree weather, huh?)

Kim-may said...

i am raising my hand to second your comments. poking is gross. the word should be eliminated from our vocabulary. very entertaining blog!

Something McSomethingkins said...

I feel I'm going to have to poke you now on facebook. I have no idea what it is since I've never poked anyone on there, and I think people know me well enough to not poke me in return, but I figure it's about time to find out what it's all about.

Becca's Blog said...

I might have to smash your face in the next time I see you if you poke me.

Battfam said...

Dear Rebecca, my 28 year old naive daughter,
Before you use the term "put out" again, please check with me. MOM