Okay, well as all of you blog readers now know I have a lot of problems/disorders. I am a little obsessive compulsive...I am a little passive aggressive...I don't like indoor pets...I am pretty sarcastic...ETC! At least I'm open about my problems though and I share them with the whole world on this blog. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step to recovery, right? So, I'll admit all of my problems here on my blog, and if any of you still like me in the end, after all that is wrong with me, then I'll know that you are a true friend. So, here are a couple of my faults that have recently come to my attention:Confession/Problem #1: I am a little more blond/naive than I maybe think I am. I do okay in school, which should mean that I'm smart, but in the real-world often I come up lacking in intelligence. Confession/Problem #2: I didn't come installed with any sort of a filtering system to what I say and do. My brothers say that I don't have a pop up blocker. What comes up, comes out. I say and act and THEN I think. I like to think, 'WOW, God made me spontaneous and fun by not giving me a filter/pop-up blocker.' But more often then not this little problem causes me trouble.
So, with that said, I would like to apologize for a portion of a recent post I made entitled "Facebook Stalker Update." This is what I wrote for those of you who aren't regular blog readers, "...put out, put out, put out, and never get back. Welcome to being a Mormon girl in Utah!" Now, if you go back and read this in context with the rest of the post you should see that I wasn't meaning at all what you are all thinking that I was meaning. To understand what I meant by "put out" you can replace it with some of these phrases: "make cookies", "invite guys to dinner", "plan parties", etc Not at all what you were thinking, right? So I didn't really realize what "put out" meant until just tonight when my family started making fun of me for saying bad stuff on my blog. I HAD NO IDEA that "put out" was nasty. So, if I have caused any offense, please forgive me.
Sometimes I just hear things on TV or just around and then I repeat them without really knowing what they mean. For example, Michael Scott on The Office told his employees that they needed to "Gang Bang" the expense reports so they could all get home. I thought that "Gang Bang" just meant "TEAMWORK." My co-worker Jerry watches The Office so one busy day at work I said to him, "Jerry, lets just gang bang this work and get home." Thinking to myself, 'Oh, Jerry will think it is funny because I'm quoting Michael Scott.' And everyone knows that Michael Scott is hilarious and who doesn't want to be hilarious. Instead Jerry just looked at me in shock and utter disbelief and I said to Jerry, "What's wrong... why are you looking at me like that? Is gang bang bad?" Once he realized that I, once again, HAD NO IDEA what "gang bang" meant he started laughing uncontrollably and of course going around and telling everyone what I said.
So, if I use any words or phrases that are really inappropriate, just know that I probably don't know what I'm doing. I try to keep this blog somewhat clean...I mean, my mom, dad, grandma, old mission companions and converts read my blog. So my disclaimer is that I can't be held morally responsible for things that I say or do that I don't know are bad. Transgression, not sin. And, you can read my blog at your own danger of being offended, shocked, disappointed, or tainted. So, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! The end.
10 comments:
Becca, that's what she said.
Lesson to be learned:
#1 - Blindly quoting Michael Scott (at work, or anywhere for that matter) = not necessarily a good idea. Keep in mind - people are usually laughing AT him, not WITH him.
Jerry, that is exactly what Rebecca's brothers told her.
Corrine, your comment was hilarious.
Ok Becca, I now see that it is s problem and not something you are in control of... since you are admitting it and seeking help I guess I can forgive you for offending me with the MEAN/HEARTLESS/RUDE comment you left on my blog!
I am pretty, I am pretty, I AM pretty! (my mom told me to tell myself that in the mirror over and over) to help recover from the pain that was caused....
one word: MARTHA
Lee and Kim...
I am SO SORRY about the Martha Stewart thing. I'm sorry that I forgot that Christmas wasn't over and I blabbed about Lee's present. The days just all blend together during the holidays. I am what I am though. In the future just don't tell me any secrets. Thank You.
From one person without a filtering system to another....yes, it can cause uncomfortable moments but it is just so much more fun to say what you think!
I definitely noticed that little mistake and wondered if you knew what you were actually saying...but instead I wrote it off as "surely she must realize what that sounded like," and "maybe that's what she was going for." I should have realized that anyone who didn't know who David Bowie is till this year DOES indeed need protection from herself pretty much at all times.
David Bowie is weird. I'm glad I didn't know who he was until just this year.
No David Bowie bashing please, he is a God among men.
And for the record Ms. Batt, I really dig your naive inappropriateness. It's a little slice of sunshine in the darkness that is arup.
Post a Comment