Year-end Summary 2007*
alcohol units consumed: 0 (excellent)
cigarettes: 0 (v.g.)
pounds lost: 11 (good)
pounds re-gained: 9 (not good)
pounds re-lost 11: (v.g)
January: "An Exceptionally Bad Start"
The year started with me getting involved in a hit and run accident. Some guy rear-ended me and then decided to flee the scene of the accident, but left his car behind (it was registered in his name). GENIUS. The end of the the month was better though as I got to escape the freezing cold and depressing SLC weather and went with mi madre (MOM) to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for a week. So much fun and so great to be warm and tan!
February: Not Fun
All I remember about February is that my Grandma B. passed away. Even though she was 85 it was still so hard to lose her. She was so spunky and fun right up to the end. We all miss her so much. She was the glue that held our extended family together. And also now there isn't someone else besides me to say inappropriate things at family parties...I'm all on my own now. I'm not just saying this because she was my grandma, but my grandma was awesome. If I could live my life even a little bit like she lived hers I would consider my life a success.
March: Fun in Paris
For Christmas I bought my mom tickets to a concert in Paris that she had always wanted to go to so that she would HAVE TO come with me to France. It worked. My mom hadn't ever been to Europe and I was embarrased for her! So we headed off to Paris for a week. It was SO MUCH FUN. I HEART EUROPE big time and I take any opportunity I can to get back there. And Paris is probably my favorite European city.
April: Another Great Trip
Lucky me...I spent nearly the entire month of April on another great trip. The only bad part was that I was gone when the majority of the 382 flower bulbs I planted in my yard bloomed. SAD. I guess my neighbors got to enjoy them. Anyway, my mission comp Katie F. and I headed off to Ethiopia and Kenya via Holland and Belgium. It was WAY fun and luckily it was tulip season big time in Holland so I got to see some bulb flowers after all. In Ethiopia we did some humanitarian work with a group called Village of Hope. It was a great experience. Then we headed off to Kenya for a week-long safari. Way cool!
May: Back to the Real World
In May the party was over...back to work. All I remember about May is that I worked a ton of overtime to make up for my complete lack of living in reality and traveling a ton during the first part of the year. It was fun while it lasted.
June: Blah
I don't remember anything about June. It must have been pretty BORING. I probably worked a lot.
July: Yay for Lee and Kim!
FINALLY........Lee (my brother) and Kim got engaged on 7/7/07. How cool! I just knew that at least one of us would turn out normal according to the Mormon formula for being a winner as explained to me by my friend Corrine. The formula is: 16 > date > mission > date > marriage > kids > winner! Well, I guess they don't have kids yet, but they are well on their way to being winners anyway.
August: Depressing
Yuck, yuck, yuck. I turned 28 in August and I wasn't smart enough to do something on my birthday like going skydiving to distract me. Tick tock goes the biological clock. At the end of the month I started the Public Health Program at the University of Utah. Very weird to be back in school after a 3 year absence.
September: Wedding!
Lee and Kim sealed the deal on 9/29/07. I am so happy for them.
October: Shocker
We got a big surprise when we found out that my parents would most likely be going on a mission for 3 years! I am excited for them but definitely went through some feelings of potential abandonment. I mean, I know I'm 28 but I'll still miss my parents. I also put my house up for sale in October. So I will shortly be homeless and parentless. Homeless, Homeless......
November: The Deal is For Real
In November we found out that my parents were FOR SURE going on a mission. They don't know where yet but it will be a Portuguese speaking. It will most likely be Brazil but there is a small chance that it will be Cape Verde, a country in Africa. Yikes! Also in November my cousin Audrey (one of my favOrite blog readers and also my AwEsOmE hairdresser) gave me a new haircut that I love because now I have bangs that cover up my huge scar on my forehead. (She REQUESTED that I mention my new awesome haircut and I do WHATEVER she says because she could really mess up my life with those scissors and hair color if she wanted to.)
December: Yay for Christmas!
I love Christmastime. Except for shopping. Yuck. I threw an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at the beginning of the month. I don't know about anyone else, but I had fun. I managed to decently finish up my first semester of Grad School. Now I'm just home hanging out with the family...entertaining myself by trying to make myself get my Christmas shopping done, blogging, wrapping presents (because I LOVE wrapping presents), spinning cookies in the church parking lot, playing games, and planning trips for next year.
Well, I would maybe write something more, but my dad just made some really reeky oyster soup and I've got to get out of here before I puke. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. I hope that it is meaningful and spiritual but fun too. Love, Becca
*P.S. To really appreciate my year-end summary you need to have seen Bridget Jones' Diary (you can borrow it from me if you need to...I even have it Cleanflicked) and Miss South Carolina's Teen USA Interview Question (look it up on Youtube).
*P.S. To really appreciate my year-end summary you need to have seen Bridget Jones' Diary (you can borrow it from me if you need to...I even have it Cleanflicked) and Miss South Carolina's Teen USA Interview Question (look it up on Youtube).
10 comments:
like the christ child was...
you have a FUN life. i want to travel!
Jeff's served his mission in Cape Verde, back when it was part of the Portugal mission. I hope they go there!
Nettie...
I'm so glad you got my little reference to the Forgotten Carols! I didn't know if anyone would. I figured it being Christmastime and all that I should throw that in. Yeah, I remember Jeff talking about serving in Cape Verde. I hope they go to Brazil though because it will be MUCH EASIER and CHEAPER to visit them in Brazil. I guess whatever happens will happen though.
Hey- My name is Sarah (Netties sister in-law) and I was just reading your blog and thought I'd tell you I very much enjoy it! You are a funny girl! Glad to find another fun blog to read!
I feel so good knowing that I caught the Bridget Jones reference right away. We were meant to be bff...or at least we love the same movie. Have you ever read the books? They are also hilarious!
Oh my gosh. I started cracking up when I read "alcohol units consumed: 0 (excellent)" I love that you have multiple references to Bridget Jones in your blog. I think I've said it before but I love that movie!!! Goodbye 2007, Heeelllllloooooo 2008!!
Ok so I thought your end of year summary was awesome!!! I was sorta hoping that I would have maybe been in one of the months for giving you a kick A?# haircut/color?? guess not.... Also I am jealous that you always have somewhere fantastic to look forward to going!! Also I am jealous cuz Guam is on your map viewer...how freaking cool is that?!?! (i know it is your aunt and uncle BUT STILL!)
Loved it and I too caught the homeless, homeless, like the Christ child was.... I even sang it out loud to Lane while reading!
Thanks for the kick a#! Christmas bash tonight and let me know if you need my help on cateragizing all that festive wear! Peace Out...
OH yeah, I REALLY hope you got a pic of your mom's Oh Holy Tights!! They were adorable plus your mom has nice legs!
Audrey...if you look at the month of November now you will see that I've added a little note about the awesome new haircut you gave me. I CAN'T believe that I left it out because I really do love my haircut. I'm glad you liked the party...sorry we all ran off to talk to Tyler...he was calling from Africa though.
thank you becca, thank you.
So I thought you had done something to your hair that made me like it more, but I couldn't put my finger down on it, and ultimately thought I had just made it up because it's the same length. Good to finally have that puzzle figured out. And I do like your bangs by the way--good choice Audrey.
Thanks Something Mcsomethingkins! I actually had a dream the night before I did Becca's hair that we "sauced" it up a bit. So when I told her of my "vision" she said GO FOR IT... and it was a success!
Also Becca, I know this sounds SOO pathetic BUT I am in love with map finder.... in the last few days I have been visited by Japan (my inlaws) United Kingdom (a friend) and someone from India! Makes you realize that you are not alone in blog hopping!
Guess who gets the Rio (cafe) this weekend??? ME! WOOT WOOT
Post a Comment