Best thing someone said to me:
"Are you the one who can't find a husband?"
Six-year old Reagan said this to me when her mom dropped her off at my house for me to watch her for the day. I knew it was going to be a fun 10 hours of babysitting as soon as she said it, and it was.
Best Blog Commenters:
Best Blog Commenters:
And the winners are....Audrey and Kim. They did request this honor however. But I do have to say that they are pretty faithful blog readers and commenters. If anyone else would like to be honored for anything, just let me know. I do always try to be a people pleaser. (Sorry about the wedding picture Kim... I forgot to get a picture of you and Audrey when I was home.)
Best Church lesson:
A two hour lesson just this past Sunday by our Singles' Ward Bishopric. Guess what it was on?... You are right! Dating and marriage. It was an awesome lesson as it included watching half of the Seinfeld episode "The Fix-up"...hilarious! I know you are all jealous that we got to watch Seinfeld in church. (In my Bishop's defense it was a surprisingly VERY CLEAN Seinfeld clip.) This lesson also included role-playing by members of the ward...just in case any of us 25 to 30 year-olds didn't yet know how to ask someone on a date, or accept a date, properly touch someone on the arm or make eye-contact. VERY HELPFUL. On the board there were several definitions of types of daters that we shouldn't be...such as: Tries-a-lot Timmy, Bitter Barbara, Warcraft Willy, Unavailable Ann, Deal-breaker Dan, and All-star Bob. We were also given some reading materials to take home such as the talk Dating versus Hanging Out, a list of ways to BLS, which stands for "Become Less Single," and other Ensign articles and helpful dating hints. I learned a lot. For example, we are all supposed to date, get married, and have babies. Wow. I wish someone would have told me that sooner! In all seriousness it was a good lesson and was totally hilarious. How can you be offended by a dating/marriage lesson when it is so funny? Now, all you married people don't get too jealous that you don't have as much fun in church as we do in the Singles' Ward.
A two hour lesson just this past Sunday by our Singles' Ward Bishopric. Guess what it was on?... You are right! Dating and marriage. It was an awesome lesson as it included watching half of the Seinfeld episode "The Fix-up"...hilarious! I know you are all jealous that we got to watch Seinfeld in church. (In my Bishop's defense it was a surprisingly VERY CLEAN Seinfeld clip.) This lesson also included role-playing by members of the ward...just in case any of us 25 to 30 year-olds didn't yet know how to ask someone on a date, or accept a date, properly touch someone on the arm or make eye-contact. VERY HELPFUL. On the board there were several definitions of types of daters that we shouldn't be...such as: Tries-a-lot Timmy, Bitter Barbara, Warcraft Willy, Unavailable Ann, Deal-breaker Dan, and All-star Bob. We were also given some reading materials to take home such as the talk Dating versus Hanging Out, a list of ways to BLS, which stands for "Become Less Single," and other Ensign articles and helpful dating hints. I learned a lot. For example, we are all supposed to date, get married, and have babies. Wow. I wish someone would have told me that sooner! In all seriousness it was a good lesson and was totally hilarious. How can you be offended by a dating/marriage lesson when it is so funny? Now, all you married people don't get too jealous that you don't have as much fun in church as we do in the Singles' Ward.
Best moment on television:
This has to be Miss South Carolina's answer to the interview question during the Miss Teen USA pageant this year. She did a spectacular job, really, spectacular. For a review of that great moment in Miss Teen USA history go tohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww&feature=related. (Sorry, I would actually post the clip but I don't want to spend the time figuring out how.) And my favorite Youtube mockery of Miss Teen South Carolina is also very worth watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQc6oBCuDXk&feature=related. Check these out for a good laugh and if you want to feel intelligent. One of my resolutions for 2008 is to do something to help all of the US Americans that don't have maps. I might even start a non-profit...Maps for America or something like that.
Best new hobby:
Blogging of course!
14 comments:
oh man....that clip makes me giggle everytime. And NO PROB about the wedding pics. I think im thinner there anyways ;)
Becca, you forgot to give the award for Best Protein Immunologist for 2007. We are happy to inform you that the winner is, of course, Jerry. This is Jerry's 6th nomination and 6th straight win in this category.
Yeah right Jerry...best Protein Immnunologist. Ha. EVERYONE knows that I am the best Protein Immunologist and because it is SO OBVIOUS I didn't bother to blog it. There was no need. Keep trying Jerry...who knows, maybe if you humble yourself a little and lose that pride (which is of the Devil) you MIGHT win next year.
Come on, Becca. Do I really need to give you my scale analogy again with regards to your work vs Jerry's? Sorry, but you winning protein immunologist of the year = pipe dream. Keep up the good 2nd tier work, though.
Oh come on Greg...you know you gave me the biggest raise. What was that all about? P.S. What does the J stand for?
Actually, ya'all need to increase your productivity and efficiency. As it now stands, I am the best Protein Immunologist, Supervisor, and Group Manager. When ya'all start sleeping in the building like I do, so you can be there at all hours, you can say you've accomplished something.
Becca,
Have you seen Miss South Carolina dialing 911?
Find it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F226lI-lo5M&NR=1
Lucy D
Yes, I love the Miss South Carolina calls 911 clip too. Especially at the end where she whispers "For the Children" in the cell phone and then just walks off. That part makes me laugh every time.
First of all THANKS for honoring Kim and I for being such loyal blog fans! I do realize there are now a much bigger following and just appreciate you for not forgetting the days when you were a nobody too! (jk)
Also, that is awesome about your ward dating/marriage lesson! Did your bishop say to the fellows, "you need to stop hanging out and making out and start taking out!"? That was always my favorite.
Oh and please let your blog readers know that I am not "special" I just didn't shower and had no makeup on for my photo posted.....
PS Becca, I CAN NOT stop singing in my head, out loud to my kids, and just randomly through the day... "Georgy Porgy" I think I watched that a few too many times!
Becca my friend, I think you focus too much on not being married.
What are you talking about Something McSomethingkins?!? It wasn't ME who was talking about marriage for 2 hours...it was my BISHOP! How could I possibly not focus too much on not being married? Everyday it seems, someone reminds me that I'm not married...as if I somehow could possibly forget. Just wait until you get a little older. Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Ha ha.
I just want to be NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That's all I want...to be normal, to fit in, to not have people wonder "What's wrong with her?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Becca,
I'd like to nominate Jerry's bloody toe and the dolly as the best story of the year.
I think you are right Leah...I should blog that story. It is a good one. It is a great example of what I put up with at work.
Post a Comment