Sunday, November 30, 2008

t h a n k f u l

November 28, 2008
Today I am thankful for a slow day at work. I mean being busy at work is good most of the time because it makes the torture seem to go faster. But sometimes it is nice to not have something to do every single second and have to run around like a chicken with its head cut off. Today I'm glad that people like to wait until after the holidays to find out what is wrong with them.

4 comments:

Battfam said...

That really is a disgusting picture. I know I always use the term, "running around like a chicken with his head cut off" and I probably taught it to you, and now I think I'm sorry for that.

Becca's Blog said...

MOM, you apparentley haven't heard of Mike the Headless Chicken. That is a picture of Mike. He lived for like 18 months or so after his head got cut off in 1945 so that picture really should be inspiring, not disgusting.

Battfam said...

Actually I did remember hearing about a headless chicken that lived and almost googled it the other night after I read your blog. But now that I have all the details about Mike, I don't have to google it. Thanks for the inspiring story.

Jerry said...

Seriously?? First you put a picture of dead cooked dog on my desktop at work and now this?? Where will it end?? Gross.

ps. how do you feel about your job?