Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How Black is Black? / I Hate America Right Now

I'm speechless (okay not really, I never am). Is America really that dumb? Barf on toast. Do the people who voted for Obama even know what he stands for? Or are they just voting for "Change" and for the first "Black President." And yes I did purposely put "black president" in quotes because here is my question to the world...how black is black anyway? If my calculations are right Barak Hussein Mohammed Obama (that's his real name according to the Internet) is exactly 50% black and 50% white. So why is everyone saying that he is the first black president? He is (or will be in January) the first HALF BLACK PRESIDENT. I don't know why the technicality bothers me but it does. I mean, that would be like a hermaphrodite running for president and when she/he won everybody saying, "Oh yay, we have our first WOMAN president." NOT SO I say. Half and Half isn't whole. Now if somehow Barak was 51% black then I guess we could call him black...but since we all know that 23 chromosomes came from his Black Daddy and 23 came from his whiter then White Mommy...that he is only Half a Black (and half white). So I could have just as easily voted for him based up on the fact that he is White...but I didn't. And not that I'm in love with McCain either, but sometimes you just have to choose the lesser of two evils. Am I against the idea of having a black president? NO. In fact I think that black guy who played the President of the United States on the show 24 and is also in a lot of Allstate commercials would make a great black president just based upon his looks and commanding voice. I'm not against a black candidate for any office...or an Asian, or Native American, or Hispanic or whatever. However I still believe that someone should not win an election based on their color and not on their qualifications...and that goes for white folk too...they shouldn't just win because they are white either...the best person should win. Same with jobs, scholarships, medical school placement, etc. But I guess the world isn't the fair place I want it to be. Shame shame. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
At least he looks semi-decent in a swimming suit. So maybe if they make a calendar of Presidents, Kings and Dictators of the World our little Baraky will maybe even make the cover. I still hate how it looks like he's always wearing lip liner though. He should get that fixed. He has the money. And now he has all of our money too, so he has no excuse for weird lip coloration. Okay, that's all for this installment of "Becca's non-factually based arguments and opinions." Until next time...which may be soon unless our new Half-Black President gives hope to all the hopeless and gives people confidence in America and suddenly our economy recovers. And then I won't rant and rave anymore because I'll be HAPPIER and closer to my retirement to the island of Aruba. I still won't like Barak but I might like America a little more. The end!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Someday I should tell you all about my feelings on Affirmative Action and how it actually propagates racism rather than overcoming it. Yeah, I've got some strong feelings about that, among other things.

Corrine said...

I heard a comedian say a couple days ago there's no such thing as "kinda black" just like there's no such thing as "kinda pregnant", I thought that was funny.

Being "black" isn't based on who your parents are or determined by a percentage, it's only based on the skin color. Who of us is a 100% anything anyway? Otherwise we'd be inbreds!

Besides, it doesn't matter what his family tree says, no one asks for that throughout your life before they decide how to treat you. So I'm gonna give him credit for this one. That and his swimsuit wear.

Mardi said...

How long do you think it will take before it becomes illegal to say "black." I don't understand why we are always WHITE, but for some reason, we must call them "African American." Explain that one to me! :)

Scott & Cassie said...

The problem I have with all of this is I feel like we were having a popularity contest or voting for a superstar or celebrity, instead of the President of the United States. Scary...

Tallie, Aaron, Sterling, Avalon, Truman and Quin said...

I worked with a couple of black kids from someplace that eats squirrels, I can't remember where. Anyway, they explained to me that to be black you have to be poor and eat collared greens. Anytime a black man made any money, they would say he has turned white. I'm pretty sure Obama isn't black.

Becca, are you guys going to be in town for the Family Christmas party? When are you coming back?

Becky said...

I agree about picking the lesser of two evils!! I am totally annoyed with people who didn't vote!! Especially in the swing states where their votes would have really counted... A friend of mine back east didn't vote because she didn't like McCain... That's great, but he is much better that the trouble we're in now!!
I feel sick!!

Christa said...

I was in a swing state and voted. But my vote didn't count. Literally. They still haven't called NC either way. Even though it doesn't change the outcome, it's still irritating.

Rachel said...

Holy cow, Becca. You really are from Idaho, aren't you? :)

Battfam said...

You seem to be in a mood. Maybe being out of the country helps at times like this. We have been surprised and never know quite what to say to people down here when they ask about the election. They seem to be thrilled and think we should be too.

Becca's Blog said...

What Rachel...are you calling me a Neo-Nazi?

I like black people...I just don't get why some guy that is half black and half white is considered black and not white. That's all.