Thursday, November 6, 2008
Me Jane...You Tarzan
So I still haven't gotten around to posting any pictures from Costa Rica...and I need to soon! But in the meantime here are a few video clips that I STOLE from my friend Kate's blog. Sorry Kate, I owe you one.
Here's me in a bright orange jumpsuit swinging off the Tarzan rope in the Monteverde Cloud Forest in Costa Rica. It was just a little bonus part to our zip-lining adventure. I wish I had the zip-lining filmed because it was AMAZING. I definitely want to go again.
I'm sure you are wondering why I am sporting that awesome convict-like orange jump suit. It was due to the rain...although it didn't really rain on us at all so we didn't need the suits anyway...and they had that "kid coming in from recess in the winter" smell if you know what I mean. Yuck! But it was so much fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun it made it way worth the wet sweat smell.
And here's Kate doing the same. We had technical difficulties with the video of Christa doing it too, but I promise she did.
On our way up to Monteverde we got stuck in the mud for quite awhile and had to walk up a hill barefoot in mud up to our shins...uphill, both ways! It was actually a fun little adventure. Here's a little video of a couple of minutes of the hour or so we were trying to get out. Actually our van got unstuck and up the hill in about 15 minutes but then our driver (who we called Evel Knievel) was the only driver brave enough/good enough at driving to get out and so he helped like 8 other vans get up the hill too. That's what took so long. Thank you Kate for the great background music!
I'm so glad I went to Costa Rica with friends that can see the adventure in everything with me. It was sort of a crazy trip but we had SO MUCH FUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It all looks like fun, but the swing did look like more fun than getting stuck.
Wow, what a trip! I kept waiting for the swing to snap in the video - you are definitely braver than I am.
Post a Comment