My SWB (Singles' Ward Bishop) challenged us all to write down somewhere one thing we are thankful for each day from Thanksgiving to New Years. And since, as an older single woman, I am now more likely to be killed by a terrorist then have posterity, I figured I wouldn't bother write my thankfulness in a journal (as my journal will most likely end up at DI someday when my great-nieces and nephews find me dead and alone half eaten by wild dogs and clean out my house by calling in the DI truck).
So I figured I'd share these things with you now. Although maybe I'll keep a more serious and less sarcastic gratitude list in my journal...you know, just in case somebody does care about my history someday.
So here you go...I've got to catch up for the past few days so I'll do several posts today.
November 27th, 2008...
Today I am grateful for "Thanksgiving in a Box." Because when you have to be working at a job you hate instead of eating yummy food with a family you love at least there is Thanksgiving in a Box. Seriously, Marie Callender covered all the basics...except pumpkin pie of course (which is funny because I thought she was way famous for her pies). I'm sure I can survive one year of my life without pumpkin pie though.
And honestly, for a TV dinner, it wasn't too bad. It tasted better than it looks.
3 comments:
I'd be grateful for Marie Callendars for not having pumpkin pie. Since mother would never allow us to use the word hate, I'll just say I have an intense dislike for pumpkin pie. Sorry you didn't have Thanksgiving dinner with us. Aunt Ellen
"Because when you have to be working at a job you hate..."
See??? I'm just sayin'....
And while I'm at it, I'll save you having to write your rebuttal: My name is Jerry and I love baseball and food and nothing else. And also music. The end.
For the record, I'd miss your dead half eaten body if you were suddenly not around. I hope you stop hating your job eventually, either because you get to quit and move on to a different one that you totally love doing, or because your issues with your current one go away (probably Jerry related) so we get to have you around for longer--I know I don't see you around that often anyway at work lately, but I always enjoy the times I do. It's a great 5 seconds we can share together.
And no history of yours could ever be boring. I mean seriously, look at all the good you do and the places you go. People will line up to read that.
Glad your Thanksgiving dinner was good--I'm already planning mine for all my work Christmas time. I actually think Tarris will be the one making it.
Post a Comment