Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!

I killed a tarantula in my bedroom today.


That's all. I just wanted everyone to:

A: Feel sorry for me
B: Know how awesome and tough I am
C: Get a little creeped out and itchy

My roommate Sarah told me that the one I killed was a small one. It was only about the size of a silver dollar (bent legs included). But it was hairy and juicy. I hope I'm not here long enough to see one of the big ones! I took a picture of the one I actually killed but it was a greyish colored spider on grey tile and the picture didn't turn out very well. And I only snapped one as I was pretty concerned about getting it killed before it got away. Oh yeah, and it was right by my bed...the head of my bed...like where my pillow is and where I lay my head at night. Poor me.

Anyway, SORRY MOM. I hope this doesn't bring any problems with spiders your way (although I have heard there are spiders as big as plates in your mission).

My mom says that my problems are following her...first I had a frog in the toilet, then she did. Then my luggage got lost and now my mom just found out that their moving boxes ended up in the Philippines somehow...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Pretty big difference. Oops, sorry your stuff is in Asia instead of South America! Anyway, sorry mom, but I had to share. Maybe you should buy some RAID!

10 comments:

Tricia said...

SIIICK. (I should have used that as my favorite memory of you--I can still hear you saying that!!)

Anonymous said...

Becca, please don't post any more pictures of large spiders. It freaked Kate out and now she's nervous to go to bed (severe arachnaphobia).
p.s. this counts as my post for this month...

Cassie said...

I think I could deal with the frog thing, and have gotten quick of kick of your stories, but this spider thing just sent me out of my seat! I think I would have been crying. No, I know I would have been crying, and there is no way I would be getting a lot of sleep either. You were so brave.

Lucy said...

I would feel bad for me, too, if I had a spider like that in my bedroom!

Amy said...

Where's Logan when you need him? I really hate spiders so thanks for creeping me out. But I have discovered that there is something worse than spiders. I woke up in my bed with a scorpion on my arm last summer. After searching endlessly for him, he was found hiding in my pillowcase. We couldn't get him out (he liked my pillowcase immensely) and finally had to kill him inside of the case to get him out. Now you know the real reason we are moving...

Battfam said...

I guess I could overlook the fact that I told you not to tell me about any more or your problems because they seem to become my problems. You never have really minded me that well. But the Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! That hurt!

P. S. I do hope you make it out of there alive.

kiddle97 said...

Oh MAN! I feel sorry for you, I applaud your awesomeness and toughness, and I am more than a little creeped out and itchy. Furthermore, I feel VERY SORRY for ME, because I detest and hate spiders worse than anything, they freak me out to the max, and now, after seeing that picture and readin that it was so close to your HEAD, I am having to look over my shoulder every other second to make sure there's not one crawling toward me.

Becky said...

Question: When you kill a tarantula do you flush it? Or is it too big?!
O.k. I just totally gagged thinking about it!!
Good (GAG) Luck!!

Audrey said...

EWH EWH EWH!! (totally said in a valley girl voice)
Seriously Becca, THAT is making me more than itchy, more like crawling out of my skin and cringing from every joint in my body!! You really do need a medal or something for dealing with such things! Did you stomp on it with your shoe or slam something down on it?? EWHHHHHHH

Kim-may said...

foreign contries make my skin feel creepy, thank you for reconfirming the idea