I will survive.
I think.
Until this morning, I thought that I was starting to come to terms with my new environment. I guess I was wrong.
First of all I bought some mosquito repellant and so I'm getting bit a little less (which is probably a good thing since I guess one of the students here at the Agricultural School got Dengue Fever and had to go home). So the mosquito problem is sort of okay as long as I don't get Dengue.
Secondly, the dogs are sort of starting to leave me alone. I think they are realizing that I will never pet them, give them food or give them any attention and not to bother with me. For the most part we have a mutual understanding...they leave me alone and I won't kill them. Last night though I kind of got attacked by two of the dogs as I was walking to dinner but I told them in both in Spanish and English that if they touched me I would kill them. Hopefully they got the message. I'm not really thinking about killing them. I talk big but I don't have it in me to actually kill anything very big. Plus everyone here loves the dogs. That is everyone besides me. So the dog situation is kind of getting okay.
Thirdly...I thought I had the frog situation under control. The frogs seem to only come out after the sun goes down. And unfortunately because it is winter here that happens early...probably around 5:30 or maybe a bit earlier. So they come out around 5:30 P.M. and then go home (wherever that is) in the morning when the sun comes up. I wait as long as I can in the morning to use the bathroom and shower...just to give the frogs some extra time to get out of my way. So I thought I was okay with the frogs...we sort of had an understanding too...they got the bathroom from sundown to sunup and I got it the rest of the time.
This morning I cautiously entered the bathroom. I checked all the places where the frogs normally are and the coast seemed to be clear so I went ahead and started to get ready for the day. However after I used the toilet I stood up to flush...you have to pull this rope thing to flush...and when I flushed a frog comes FLYING out of the toilet. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So of course I am totally freaked out. How could I not be? Frogs flying out of toilets right after you have used them is both scary and disgusting. And as my whole body shook with disgust and fear I wondered how I hadn't seen the frog. I was pretty thorough in making sure the coast was clear with the toilet before sitting down. Of course I looked in the toilet, around the toilet, and under the toilet seat. I ain't no dummy. But I didn't see it before I sat down.
So this wet and also probably scared frog jumps up back onto the rim of the toilet. I got a broom and knocked the frog back into the toilet water. It immediately swims up into the toilet pipe. So that's why I thought the coast was clear when I used the toilet... it was up in the pipe! I decided to try to flush again and see if I can't get rid of this frog once and for all. So I pull the little rope flusher thingy extra long and extra hard while at the same time trying to stay as far away from the toilet as possible. It was sort of an awkward position. But my extra hard flush didn't work and the frog once again comes flying out of the toilet. I tried one more time, just in case I had weakened the frog and could possibly win the war, but to no avail. So I guess I learned that you can't drown or flush a frog. Good to know. I've learned my lesson though. Flush once before you sit down and don't assume that all of the frogs are going by the bathroom is mine when the sun is up agreement.
Please let me know if you have any solutions to my frog problems. I need help!!!!!!!!

15 comments:
That is too funny! I can't handle little creatures - especially jumpy ones that have the tendancy to freak me out! All I can say is good luck to you!
That is freaking hillarious!! Sorry but this time I do believe that we are laughing at your pain!! Good Luck... but keep us posted!!
Thanks for the evening of entertainment. Dad and I had a lot of fun reading your posts tonight. I wish we had a suggestion for the frog problem. It is "toad"aly disturbing. Sorry, I just can't help myself with these lame frog jokes.
Can't type, still laughing.
The solution is simple. Invite one of the mangy, flea bags you have been verbally abusing back to live in your bathroom. It will be an easy sell. Just tell it, "Frog Buffet, all you can eat."
--Aaron
So if you do get Dengue, I know who can test you for it:)
As for the frogs: they're so cute, what's not to like? Other than the toilet thing, which you can tell your grandchildren. I think you're getting one heck of a deal here.
Watch out for the pee covered frog! Hahahaha. I am laughing out loud here.
Alright Becca, I found your answer.
They say that the answer to everything is in the scriptures right?
Exodus 8 says all you need is Moses and Aaron. Ta da.
There you go. You're welcome.
But if those guys aren't around, they say dust the cracks and crevices with silica gel dust. I'm not sure which will be easier to find. ;)
One last idea: perhaps one of them is your prince? If so, you might want to rethink the extermination idea.
Blog leech, here. My skin was crawling at the same time my gut was busting. You have the greatest blog. For those of us who won't ever get out of smallville, you are a wonder. Keep it coming!
Don't worry Becky in Ohio...you're not a blog leech. At least you comment occasionally. If my long posts and focus on the insignificant details of life don't bore you then read (and comment) away!
MOM...you know what Ty would say if he sees all these cheesy jokes about frogs that you have been leaving on my blog. He'd roll his eyes and say, "MOM joke." So thanks for sharing some mom jokes with us even though you are far away from us now.
And everyone else, especially Corrine...thanks for the frog advice.
MOM the comment above was deleted because it was a duplicate. I know it always drives you crazy if you don't know why a comment was deleted. So there you go...now you won't have to email me to find out why.
sooo funny. i love reading about all of your adventures! i don't have a clue what to do about frogs... sorry!
That is one of the funniest things EVER! Please right that one down in your journal. That makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
YIKES! I bet I have told your story to half a dozen clients.... Thanks for the laughs!
Post a Comment