Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Memories...


Here's a fun little game for all you blog fans and blog leeches everywhere...

Directions....

1. As a comment on this post, leave one memory that you and I have together. It doesn't matter if you know me really well (like my MOM) or if we don't know each other very well at all (like my new blogging friends). The memory can be anything you remember...something recent or something from when we were kids or from when we first met (and even if you only know me through blogging...you can tell me your favorite blog post and why or something). If we know each other really well and we have a lot of memories together just choose your favorite memory, the funniest memory or the first one that comes to your mind (even if it is really random...I like random.)
2. Next, post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty cool (and funny) to see the responses. If you leave a memory, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave a memory for you if you put this same game on your blog!

Oh, and blog leeches, here's your chance to lose the name. Anyone who leaves a comment on this post will have two free months of not being considered a blog leech. I know that there are a lot of you leeches out there (mostly relatives) who read my blog and who NEVER comment. I won't resort to naming names again, but you know who you are...and I actually know who most of you are (I have my ways). Don't worry if you don't have a blog yourself or a Google account...you don't need one to comment on my blog. Just go under Post a Comment and then click on the Anonymous option. Then write your comment and include your name at the end of the comment so I'll know who you are. And please do leave me a comment on this post...I'd love to be reminded of something you remember about me or remember doing with me. Ask for help from your nearest teenager if you are only a blog leech because you don't know how to comment...they'll help you.

20 comments:

jess said...

me first!
remember that one bus ride when we swore we were either going to fly out the windshield or get lice because the colectivo was so dang full of dirty kids? sweeeeet.

Becky said...

Oh so many fun memories... I remember you always saying that we lived in Babylon - I think you even had a song for us Utahns. And...I thought it was hilarious when you'd call and tell people their "order from the Canton" was ready. And, last but not least...who could forget the infamous petrified muffin. Oh...by the way, what's your address :)

Tricia said...

Do you remember that time we were roommates in Provo and you took a butt ugly picture of me eating waffles--and put caption on it and gave it to Nigel? Well, he still has it and pulled it out of his scriptures in sacrament meeting last Sunday--ask me how to be reverent after that!!! No, I have too many memories just to pick one.

Corrine said...

Okay, memory #1: "Becca Batt, Becca Batt, where are you???"

memory #2: Putting pillow cases on our head, our little brother's jeans and dancing to Charlie Brown with Rosa.

memory #3: Calling Z103 and asking them to play the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles song like 20 times, so we could wait with the stereo and press record. Boy we needed iTunes then! (5th grade)

memory #4: Our nap in Haaaaarlem that turned into 8 hours and we missed some sweet shoe shopping, but not some sweet Dutch tv news.

memory #5: Where is that video you made at your farewell mission party? You should def post that here. :)

The end...or not? ;)

Audrey said...

I have seen this memory game all over the blog world. Guess I will have to give it a whirl....
Hmmm, how bout walking to the movie theater on 17th Street while our mom's were busy working. Or when you got mad at me for telling you your mom's real name was Mildred? Or when we went to your house and we stayed up super late to watch Anne of Green Gables. Or when we went to Temple Square in L.A. and our taxi cab driver joined us and become a member (what a missionary you are!) I am sure I will be back and add more as I sit and reminice.

kiddle97 said...

I think we always wanted to use your house for the girls' choice dances 'cause your house was just so darn cool. Basketball, that cool old-fashioned soda machine (why did I very nearly spell machine as maShine?), that game with the balls that I suddenly can't recall what its name is, the way your mom always had the place so decked out and gorgeous at Christmastime.

And speaking of Christmastime, you were always the first one to remember dear Mr. Sharp, and to suggest we go see him and his cool train sets. That became a very favorite Christmas tradition for me. I wish it could still go on.

And I remember after you first moved to Grant, you were telling us how you used to live by Paul Ezra Rhodes (or however he spells his name. Or should I say spelled?), and we all freaked out and were so glad you moved to Grant where there was NO ONE WEIRD.

And we all thought you were so cool to have the same last name as the governor.

I love this post!

kiddle97 said...

Ok, I just had to add a couple more. These aren't specific memories, exactly, but anyway. I just remember how you were so proud of your grandparents (and for good reason), and it was so obvious how much you loved them, and what a good relationship you had with them. I was always so jealous that you had so much family close by.

Also, I remember that you could say anything, anything at all, and it would be funny. I always thought, "Man, she's so witty! She doesn't even have to try! Everything she says is clever! She's never affected or forced." That was always something I admired in you.

One more thing -- I loved what you wrote on my blog. Fun memories! Do you remember that time we were at Ticia's house, and you had that old Bonneville of yours, with the radio that never worked, and you were trying to convince people that you'd gotten it fixed, and that it was this super-cool, high-tech radio now, even though no sound came out? Like I said, everything you did was funny. Good times man.

Ok, I'll end this now, but I might be back later if I think of more! This has been fun!

Battfam said...

Since you posted the picture of you in your ballet outfit, it brought to mind one of the dance recitals you were in. Remember when your age group did the fairy dance? You didn't miss a step, but did your solo part double time. It was hilarious. But my favorite part was when you licked your wand. My little ballerina.

Battfam said...

Okay, one more comment before I go to bed. Doesn't Russ make a "cool" cowboy? The expression on his face is priceless.

Lucy said...

I remember you liked to list the checks for deposit at the bazaar. You wrote very neatly and got to use the "special" pen.

Tallie, Aaron, Sterling, Avalon, Truman and Quin said...

My brain has recently gone to mush. I blame it on the fact that my most serious thought is whether or not to give Avalon prune juice to make her poop. Therefore, I am writing the first memory that came to mind and am very sad that I can't seem to remember more about my childhood.

The first thing I thought of was our trip back East with Uncle Gary. Do you remember the night we spent in Missouri? I swear Missouri is the scariest state I have ever been to. I think we all slept with mace under our pillows and if I remember right you almost maced someone. Which reminds me of the night we tested Mace in the bathtub. That was definitely my Father's worst idea ever. We were all in our pajamas with sunglasses on and we had to evacuate the room.

The other memory I had was of Christmas Day, when we would all get into our little matching jogging suits. I really miss Grandma and Grandpa.

Be careful with the animals. We have had an invasion of bugs in our house and I keep calling Aaron at work trying to talk him into coming home from work to kill them. Oddly enough, he refuses to drive 45 minutes in the middle of the work day to kill a spider.

Lucy said...

Becca,
I remember leaving you and Audrey (or was it Bobbi) at a mall in Utah while your Mom & I went to a craft place. When we picked you up, you had been to a salon and had your long hair cut short! You guys were not that old, either.

Kate said...

I'm too lazy to think back, but my most recent favorite memory is from Seville when we saw the parade guy in the dunce cap get stuck in a tree.
Oh, and the IP relay night.

Bobbi said...

I mostly remember Audrey and I and you all sleeping in one bed and somehow you were in the middle and we would both wet the bed and you ended up in the middle of it everytime! I guess it was worth the sleepover. :)
Oh, and by the way....it was you and I that went to the mall and got our hair cut short. And then I think we got matching striped shorts with a v-neck maroon shirt to match.

Camille said...

I remember just trying to live up to the "oh-so-cool-Becca's" reputation from student council in high school- I am quite sure I failed. Oh- and of course calling you with that awkward set-up request..... by the way, there is another single cousin...JK! He isn't anywhere good enough for you.
I hadn't checked on your blog for a while- thank you for providing my entertainment for the day & helping me put off washing dishes.

Chris and Cindy said...

Hi Becca! Remember me?!?! Sorry about never leaving a comment... Our computer at home doesn't work so I am sorry....

But as for memories, I have waaaay toooo many to choose from....


#1: Remember youth conference at Ricks and we went ice blocking and you all had to meet with the Bishop and left me out the "club" because I didn't have to go?!?!

#2: Toliet papering with our mutual leaders and we got caught!

#3: Carrying our 75 pound bags of luggage through train terminals and up what seemed like hundreds of flights of stairs, in England... That was fun... we've learned to pack lighter!!!

#4: Sleeping in the druggy bedroom in Ireland... did we get high from his smoke?!?!

#5: Our bright and early morning running sessions in Provo to see the cute ROTC boys!!!

#6: The "paper chain" count down and nightly dance in Provo... remember?!?!

#7: OH! Can't forget the Mexican motor boat ride in Cancun... you were soooo brave!!!

#8: Guatemala was just fun... even though I've never been sooo sick!


Okay, I'll stop with the memories... I think I could write a book!!! Have fun!!!

Christa said...

I think the first time I met you was at Color Me Mine in Salt Lake with Lee and Kim. Mostly I remember you were hilarious and way more artistic than me. That and Kyle made a hideous camo mug. I still use my mug. It's the best hot chocolate mug ever!

Tricia said...

Sorry just a few more:

Arby's and helping at the Mini Bazaar.

Making buttons in your old house (that was WAY cool for me)

Phyllis

R.E. and the love note in 3rd grade--Did I really ruin everything???!!

Anonymous said...

Okay I am a blog leech. You knew that anyway so I guess it is okay. I thought this would be a great time to redeem myself. So...memory... When Grandma and Grandpa lived in the trailer while they built their house my Mom dropped me off to play. You were there curling your hair in the bathroom. I asked you to curl mine, which you did. Only you didn’t curl my whole head, just around my face. Then you proceeded to turn me around back and forth in the mirror saying, “Ugly, cute, ugly, cute….” Cute of course was what you had just curled and ugly was the back you didn’t curl. I just want you to know that I am still to this day very paranoid about the back of my hair.
Hope you are having fun! Your cousin Kathryn

Kim said...

Scene: your house, nighttime. Act 1: you're having some sort of party (not sure of the occasion). There is delicious salsa and fun conversation. Act 2: We play Catch Phrase and you totally kick everyone's trash. I know it's a vague memory, but I remember that night thinking, "Man, that girl Becca is pretty awesome." And I STILL think that!