We decided to have a party...just the four of us tonight (my sister-in-law is out of town). We played rock band, ate pizza (don't worry mom, I made the boys a salad too), and just messed around. I think we were all just trying to keep our minds off of the fact that our parents really are gone for three years. I'll be honest. When my parents first got their call it seemed pretty unreal but was also kind of exciting. Then we just started focusing on all the things that had to be done before they left and so we didn't have time to think about the reality of it. But now it is real and it is really hard. But thanks to the mind numbing activities of blogging and playing Rock Band I have been able to keep my breaking into tears down to only two episodes today. Yay for me!
I mean, what is my problem? I'm going to see my parents in a month and a half when I stop by to see them on my way home from Paraguay. I guess it is just knowing that they are 25 hours and a 1800 dollar plane ticket away, that I don't really have a home now (although Lee and Kim are super nice and still make me feel welcome at my parent's house... it just isn't the same), that I don't know what I'm doing with my life, that I have no desire to return to Salt Lake in the Fall even though my Grad program and work are there, that I'm going to Paraguay in a week and I don't know anyone there or even for sure what I'll be doing while I am there and I'm totally not ready for that trip, and that I lost 1200 dollars on the stock market today (okay, it isn't lost until I sell, but still...)! Somehow in spite of all of this I feel great and at peace with my life and am fully functional other than the sporadic crying episodes. So yay for Rock Band, Blogging, and three excellent brothers!
9 comments:
Becca, you are so dang funny. When you get on your way to Paraguay you'll feel better. You are comfortable with a lot of hard things (traveling to strange lands, etc.), so you will become comfortable with what is ahead, too. We all have faith in you!
I knew it! I missed the party!
I love guitar hero (we don't have rock band...yet) Toby & I can do some serious battling!!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Zoey thanks you for buying one of her popsicles!!
I love RockBand! When you come back to SLC, let me know & you can come play it at our house!
Hi Becca,
So...found ya through Rachel's blog. It's been awhile! Sounds like you are super busy and doing lots of fun things! Check out our blog at www.bbowen27@blogspot.com -Becky Bowen(Tanner)
ROCK ON! Becca, you will get better as long as you just keep on showing up for band practice!
What I wouldn't do to be a fly on the wall watching you guys "rock out" especially when it is Russels turn to sing! (not that i have ever heard you sing russ, just would love to see you head banging to some Metalica!)
Hey Becca Wanted to let you know we are blogging now. Our website is ccloveless.blogspot.com. Your blog is always so funny. See ya on the fourth.
Hahaha. Two things I played this weekend....Rock Band and Super Mario 3! What a coincidence!
I laughed so hard when I read this (and saw the pic).
when did you guys get rock band??? can I come play?
well, later dude. ROCK ON!
Post a Comment