Friday, June 6, 2008

Welcome Home Tyler!

Yay! My little brother got home last night from serving an LDS mission in the Uganda Kampala mission. He served about one year in Uganda and one year in Ethiopia. We are so glad to have him home safe!...especially now that he is home and the real stories of how things really were are coming out.

I love watching when missionaries get home...especially when I actually know the person coming home. I have to admit...when I fly into the SLC airport and there is a family or two waiting for a missionary to come home, I always have to stop and watch while I'm waiting for my luggage to get on the luggage carousel. I know that I don't even know them and so maybe it is sort of weird to be excited when someone you don't even know comes home, but there is just a special feeling of a missionary returning from a mission well served.

So here are ton of pictures from last night for those of you who care and weren't there...

The crowd begins to gather...of course my family couldn't be normal and have normal sized balloons...we had to have the 3 footers...that's just how we are I guess

Lee entertains Grant while we wait... actually I think Grant entertained Lee



The crowd continues to gather...
Lee gets bored while waiting and begins to choke Kim...luckily security was close by

James is getting pumped to see Ty

Really pumped!
(even though he is too little to probably even remember Ty)

Kim and I are excited too!

The moment is getting closer...



WELCOME HOME!



Me and my little bro

3 brothers



3 more brothers...
and already staring to wrestle each other



Me, my Gma and my Madre
And it was my Grandma's 82nd Birthday...how fun!


Enjoy your 15 days of togetherness Ty, mom, and Dad!



Catching up


The Birthday Girl


Lee used his domestic skills to make Ty a cake

Lee is so excited to have his little buddy home (and to eat some cake!)

12 comments:

Mardi said...

oh my gosh! he came back a man! why am i crying?

Bobbi said...

I am so glad you posted the return at the airport. I wasn't able to come, so thank you-thank you. I too just got a little bit emotional just looking at the pictures and seeing Tyler. I guess I am just thinking about how your mom is feeling right now! 15 days isn't very long. :(

Audrey said...

ok that is so funny reading mardi and bobbi's post cuz i too feel choked up!!
First off, Holy Handsome! Ty, you have grown into a ravishing man! Looks like it was a P A R T Y but what do you expect with Becca around to get things bumpin!
I seriously can't wait to hear about some of your experiences Ty. I told my mom that you must be one special kid to have been called to such a place.
My fav pic is of Gma on the 4wheeler with the 3 foot balloons! She probably felt like a REAL hot shot on that!
Welcome home to Tyler and congrats to the fam to be all reunited for the next 2 weeks!

Audrey said...

one more thing... that james kid is adorable!
and i love the pics of the 2 sets of 3 brothers... very cool!

Lucy said...

Hooray for the post Becca. Very good job. We are all excited to visit with Tyler after he settles in. It's just good to have him back home, for sure!
All of us moms stepped back for a little cry last night.

Lucy said...

Oops, I forgot to say nice job on the cake, Lee. What a brother you are.

Becky said...

Welcome Home Tyler!!

The Domans said...

Hey Becca! Becky helped me hunt you down! That is so fun to have your brother home. I have a brother on a misson too, he has only been out five months. We need to have another roommate reunion! I've missed being called KimTree! Anyway, it's fun to get an update on what you've been up too! My blog is at kjdoman.blogspot if you want to keep in touch.

Battfam said...

Thanks for coming everybody. It was a great night. Thanks for posting Bec.

Cassie said...

Thank you Becca, for us that can't be around to join in. Welcome home Ty!!!! The pics are awesome and the cake too! I was waiting for the next pic after Grandma on the ATV would be her going up in the air via balloon ride. Ü Happy Family Reunion Batt Family.

Kim-may said...

oh man that was embarrassing and really fun. nice pics BEc!

Christa said...

You have a cool family. Your mom posted a comment on my blog and it totally made me day!!