Monday, June 2, 2008

On Being Homeless...


I have to admit...I am kind of enjoying being homeless in a weird sort of way. I mean, don't expect me to be shooting up at Pioneer Park anytime soon, but there is something to this homeless thing. It is sort of liberating.

I don't worry anymore when I hear about how the housing market is going to pot or freak out when there is an article about how SLC is on a huge fault line and we are due for a big earthquake (because in my mind if that happened of course my house would be totally destroyed and I wouldn't have earthquake insurance so I'd lose every bit of equity in my house.) I just don't worry as much anymore...I'm like, "Bring it on." But then I guess as a homeless person you have other worries, like where you are going to sleep at night, who's garbage you are going to eat, etc.

I was looking back at my posts from the past few weeks which may make it seem that I'm sort of unstable and crazy lately (and I guess in some ways I am.) But although there have been big changes for me in the past few weeks and there are more big changes to come I'm not scared or sad about those changes even though they have been and will be hard. I'm looking forward to it like an adventure...and sort of laughing like a crazy person to keep myself from thinking too hard. So there you have it...I'm homeless and a little bit crazy, but hey, I'm really happy so don't judge me.

6 comments:

Lucy said...

You could be one of those people that write a book after they've had some homeless experiences. That's it, you can be a writer and live in a shed somewhere in Montana. (hope the unibomber doesn't find out)

Battfam said...

Those pictures are sad and scary, but I'm glad you're feeling good about things. A little adventure never hurt anybody. Just remember while you're on "cruise control" that you are still in the driver's seat and you probably won't end up at Pioneer Park.

Audrey said...

Ha I love your mom's comment! Yeah, steer clear of Pioneer Park, there are some REAL scaries over in that area!

jess said...

so, homelessness brings you to idaho for a bit, huh? i'd love for you to show me the ropes - 'cuz obviously i'm a bit lost. let me know what your schedule is like ... mine is WIDE open! (i promise i'll be nice about you idahoans!)

hmmm said...

hey, I think I read that book.... it was pretty terrible. (seriously, it's called Nickel and Dimed, I don't recommend it.)

by the way--I really like the pics. the last being my personal fave.

Amy said...

hey becca

mi casa es tu casa

i can't find your email address. if you send it to me i will send you a link to my blog

amy (gunderson)