So today I had to put my foot in my mouth. This isn't an uncommon occurrence since I often say stupid things due to a little faulty brain wiring. Don't worry...it wasn't as bad as asking a woman when she's due to deliver her baby when she isn't even pregnant or anything. But here's what I said...
So, I'm at my cousin David's wedding this weekend and was going through the line at their reception. When I got to Dave and his new wife Liz I gave them a hug and congratulated them. But then that was done and the people in front of me in line weren't moving on.
Great. What else can you say to a newly married couple besides congratulations?...especially when you just have a minute and don't have time to get into a real conversation.
So I said, "Where are you guys going on your honeymoon...or is it a big secret?"
Dave smiles and replies, "Wisconsin."
So I start laughing and say, "Haaaaaaaaaaa that's hilarious...what are you guys going to do there...tour a cheese factory or something?"
They just laughed back and then the line started to move again and I moved on and I thought to myself, 'well, I guess I'll have to ask someone else where they are really going.'
So a few minutes later I asked one of Dave's siblings and guess what?...they are going to Wisconsin on their honeymoon. I guess that's where Dave's new wife is from and so they're going out there for the open house/honeymoon combo.
ANYWAY, in my defense, David was smiling and half laughing when he told me they were going to Wisconsin on their honeymoon which made me think it was a little joke and secondly, WHO GOES TO WISCONSIN ON THEIR HONEYMOON ANYWAY? SERIOUSLY.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Oops!
So today I had to put my foot in my mouth. This isn't an uncommon occurrence since I often say stupid things due to a little faulty brain wiring. Don't worry...it wasn't as bad as asking a woman when she's due to deliver her baby when she isn't even pregnant or anything. But here's what I said...
So, I'm at my cousin David's wedding this weekend and was going through the line at their reception. When I got to Dave and his new wife Liz I gave them a hug and congratulated them. But then that was done and the people in front of me in line weren't moving on.
Great. What else can you say to a newly married couple besides congratulations?...especially when you just have a minute and don't have time to get into a real conversation.
So I said, "Where are you guys going on your honeymoon...or is it a big secret?"
Dave smiles and replies, "Wisconsin."
So I start laughing and say, "Haaaaaaaaaaa that's hilarious...what are you guys going to do there...tour a cheese factory or something?"
They just laughed back and then the line started to move again and I moved on and I thought to myself, 'well, I guess I'll have to ask someone else where they are really going.'
So a few minutes later I asked one of Dave's siblings and guess what?...they are going to Wisconsin on their honeymoon. I guess that's where Dave's new wife is from and so they're going out there for the open house/honeymoon combo.
ANYWAY, in my defense, David was smiling and half laughing when he told me they were going to Wisconsin on their honeymoon which made me think it was a little joke and secondly, WHO GOES TO WISCONSIN ON THEIR HONEYMOON ANYWAY? SERIOUSLY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is a seriously ugly picture. Maybe if we all imagined that image before we said something, we would put our foot in our mouth less often. I don't think you need to worry about your comment. I don't think the couple in a wedding line remembers much of what people say to them.
WISCONSIN - romantic. Doesn't sound anything like Puerto Vallarta...yet perhaps it will be most cost effective. Honeymoon, second reception, more gifts, seeing family...killing four birds with one stone. Good decision in the "being frugal" department.
Were you referring to my comment to Prudy Gneiting at your parents wedding reception? Aunt Ellen
I'm sure you aren't the only one who has done that but yes, I was sort of thinking of you. Sorry.
In answer to your question.... apparently your relatives do... lol
Disgusting pic.
No further comment.
In my defense, I didn't ask her if she was pregnant, I just said what will you do if it's not a boy. I had no idea the child was a couple of weeks or a couple of months old, I can't remember. Aunt Ellen
Post a Comment