Just for all of you who were worried about me using up all my savings moving a million times and losing sleep over it...probably just my MOM...I just wanted to say that after I wrote my post complaining about the high cost of being a nomad,that things started looking up for me a little.
First of all my nice Aunt Ellen offered (well actually her daughter Lucy offered for her) to drive her pickup down to Utah when she comes next weekend and help me move then. Unfortunately, I have to be up in Idaho by the 1st of May (details on why I have to be in Idaho by May 1st coming soon...) and so that didn't quite work out.
But then, I decided to call one last rental place and found a truck I could rent that should only end up costing me about 200 bucks...which is much better than 350. But, this place only had a 16 foot truck and not a 10 foot truck (which is all I really needed). So now I have to drive this huge moving van to Idaho today and back tomorrow. It's too bad I don't know anyone who needed to move something from Idaho to Utah tomorrow since I'll be coming back with an empty truck. What a waste! Someone should start a website where you can share moving trucks or something.
Anyway, I'm a little scared to drive a moving truck for 8 hours in the next day but what else do you do as a nomadic spinster? So wish me luck for the drive!
Friday, April 24, 2009
My blessed nomadic life...
Just for all of you who were worried about me using up all my savings moving a million times and losing sleep over it...probably just my MOM...I just wanted to say that after I wrote my post complaining about the high cost of being a nomad,that things started looking up for me a little.
First of all my nice Aunt Ellen offered (well actually her daughter Lucy offered for her) to drive her pickup down to Utah when she comes next weekend and help me move then. Unfortunately, I have to be up in Idaho by the 1st of May (details on why I have to be in Idaho by May 1st coming soon...) and so that didn't quite work out.
But then, I decided to call one last rental place and found a truck I could rent that should only end up costing me about 200 bucks...which is much better than 350. But, this place only had a 16 foot truck and not a 10 foot truck (which is all I really needed). So now I have to drive this huge moving van to Idaho today and back tomorrow. It's too bad I don't know anyone who needed to move something from Idaho to Utah tomorrow since I'll be coming back with an empty truck. What a waste! Someone should start a website where you can share moving trucks or something.
Anyway, I'm a little scared to drive a moving truck for 8 hours in the next day but what else do you do as a nomadic spinster? So wish me luck for the drive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I really like your truck! It will be an adventure for you. can't wait to hear how it all goes.
You better tie your few belongings down tight in the back of that big ol' truck. Things could slide all around with that much room to swim in. Is it as big as the one we used when we moved you out of the condo? Remember how we had that one stuffed? Good luck! and by the way, when did you learn to drive a truck? Is it an automatic?
Good Luck... I hope you and your bed survive!!
I would be nervous too!
Oh Becca just drop by the Flying J and chill with the real truckers if you ever feel yourself getting a little sleepy. And who knows, maybe you could meet the man of your dreams there too. And those would be men that also like to "travel" (just probably in a different sense than you usually do)
Post a Comment