My roommate used to have a bunch of those big plastic magnetic alphabet letters on our fridge. I think she had them up for when she babysat her nieces and nephews at our house or something. Anyway, just recently she took them all off the fridge. I'm hoping that she took them off the fridge in preparation for her getting married and moving out next month and not because my brothers (Lee and Ty) spelled out
EAT
POOP
LOSER
in the center of the fridge while they were at my house over conference weekend. Seriously, I left them alone in my house for 10 minutes so they could change clothes for the Priesthood Session and in that 10 minutes one of the top things on their list was to write "EAT POOP LOSER" on our fridge? I mean I could maybe understand if they had been there waiting and bored for 2 or 3 hours or something, but 10 minutes? WOW.
Unfortunately it took me two days to notice it and scramble the letters. I don't know why I didn't notice it sooner. Especially since they took the time to use the extra letters to create a design around their little quote that basically framed it and made it SO noticeable.
So here I've been thinking my roommates were the weird ones for not knowing that you need to clean out the dryer lint filter, not knowing that you can't use normal dish soap in place of dishwasher detergent (don't most people learn that at like age 3 or at least by watching the Cosby show or something?), and for having a family home evening assignment board hanging up at our house with no names on it.
BUT...who's the weirdo now? Yup, that's right, thanks to my brothers it is me. Because as far as I know they don't know it WASN'T me. Oh well, luckily I'm moving out at the end of the month.
P.S. Just for the record I do actually really like my current roommates. I've been super lucky with all the many roommates I've had in my life to only have had 2, maybe 3 that I couldn't stand. Other than that they've all been nice, non-psychotic people.
4 comments:
Once again, a proud moment. Actually I am usually proud of your brothers. I don't know why the fascination with the p word. I think Freud has something to do with it.
My cousins have done that so many times at places I have lived....the only difference was I did not have the pre-school alphabet letters....we had the words to make sentences...a little more grown up but equally annoying.
EAT POOP LOSER
-Lee
Brothers. Anyone who has one can feel your pain, Becca.
Post a Comment