
This is my brother Lee. He is SUPER weird but I love him anyway.
And this is Kim...a little weird too, but weirdness is a necessity for someone married to Lee and someone who is part of our family.
And this is Lee and Kim...One year ago today, on a freezing cold and windy day, Lee and Kim got married. We were all so excited/happy.
So this weekend I'm up at my parents' house in Idaho...visiting Lee, Kim, Russell and my Grandma Fern as well as picking up some more of my stuff so that I can finish moving into my new place, getting my haircut in preparation for my upcoming trip to CR, and just enjoying the fresh clean air and Fall beauty of Idaho.
I drove up Saturday (in a rental car as I am still carless) and when I arrived at my parents' house I found the following on the kitchen counter...
The note reads, "Becca, there is room for you in our relationship. Let's go out tonight." And with the note, three poorly thinned carrots all twisted together.
This twisted carrot comparison all started back when Lee and Kim were dating...and is all my fault. Lee lived with me for most of the time that they were dating. And one night I unexpectedly (because getting off early rarely happens where I work) got off early and headed home to find Lee and Kim doing THIS (see below) on my Italian leather sofa (see CAKE song for details on the Italian leather sofa).

Well, not exactly. This is actually a reenactment of a position we now call "The Carrot," but you get the idea.
Not something to talk to the Bishop about but not something you want your sister/roommate to walk in on you doing either. Let's just say they had to untangle a bit when I opened the door. And they were SUPER embarrassed. I just thought it was funny.
So the very next day I was out in my little garden behind my house harvesting my small crop when I found two carrots all twisted together. (I guess my family isn't too great about thinning our carrots. I always feel so bad doing it...I don't know why.) When I pulled up the carrots I immediately thought of Lee and Kim the night before and started laughing. So, just to make a little joke about the night before (so that Lee and Kim wouldn't be so embarrassed) I set those twisted carrots on the table with a note that said, "Lee and Kim," and headed off to work.
It took them a little while to figure out why I was comparing them to those twisted up carrots, but when they did they thought it was funny and thence was born "The Carrot" position.
So to Lee and Kim on your anniversary I dedicate to you "The Carrot" position. May you enjoy it for many years to come.
I love you both. You are super nice, super fun, and a super great couple. And you are not too annoying of a married couple to be around either. So congratulations on your anniversary day!
11 comments:
Lee's foot looks huge in that picture. And I was also thinking I needed to get my haircut for the upcoming trip.
Happy Anniversary Lee and Kim! This last year flew! I am glad that you guys got married. After I had that dream about you Kim I just knew it was meant to be!! (even though i had never ever met you)
Those carrots are HILAROUS! I love that you guys saw them and thought up that funny note! SO FUNNY!
Wow, that was a fast year! Cute little carrots that they are, too..
I swear, you guys make up the funniest stuff. Carrot position...very good.
Cheers to Lee and Kim on their first anniversary!
Sorry for calling you ot on the Italian leather sofa line. How was I supposed to know it was an inside joke with Lee? But now everyone that doesn't know the song by CAKE will know that you weren't being a brat. Thanks for filling me in.
Yours truly,
Blog Nazi
aw. thanks Becca. This made me laugh so hard! and i still feel the embarrassment from that night. you are a great sister in law especially for bringing us together and frankly-- for letting us pretty much live at your house while dating.
Love ya!
kim
Thanks Becca on two levels. Thank you for the reminder that it is our anniversary and also all the things (nice and otherwise) you said. Now I just have to figure out how to get to walgreens and get a card without Kim knowing. I hope she enjoyed the grilled cheese I made her for dinner.
-Lee
Man, that snot story was funny/disgusting! Thanks for the laugh!
Ok, so I am going to stop being a leech and start commenting. And, because of this blog I will never look at carrots the same again.
Wow! A year already?? I too think Kim and Lee are a Great and Fantastic couple.
I love the carrot story - it makes me want to go pull up carrots from my garden and see what I find. Tell Lee that Candace and Skippy say congrats (but don't ever tell Dave I said that). Sorry you had to witness the snot episode. Yuck!
Post a Comment