Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sorry, but I'm not Oprah!

Okay, okay. My MOM is giving me a guilt trip about asking everyone what kind of car they think I should buy in one post and then basically in the next post calling your suggestions "weird," etc and telling you all why I am not taking your suggestions. So I'm just here to say I'm sorry to my faithful blog commentors. You see I wanted your true suggestions...that is why I didn't tell you what kinds of cars and colors I like and then had you vote on which one (like out of 4 or 5) that you think I should buy. That would have limited you too much and would not have allowed for someone to suggest something that I hadn't even thought of that could have been the best car ever and changed the whole outcome of my life forever and ever. Just for the record nobody suggested anything totally way weird. In fact not even weird at all. There were no lime greens Dodge Neons, or Purple Mustangs suggested. You all did a good job. So, sorry Rachel for calling red a "weird" color. I could have just as easily said "bright" or "flashy" which maybe would have been better wording. I don't hate red, I just need to blend in a little more so I can keep my super low speeding ticket history. Christa, sorry for saying that the Mini was too mini for me. And, you should know that a couple of days after I wrote that I had to weigh more than my car, I was at Albertson's and saw a pretty big built guy (bigger than me)...maybe like Lee's build, getting out of a super cute Pearl colored Mini. And he looked SO good in that Mini. So I was like, 'hey, maybe I can drive a Mini too.' So I even went and test drove one. It was a fun car to drive. And even though that didn't end up being my choice I did give it a chance, so there. Sorry to the Suburu suggesters about the homosexual anti-Suburu comments. I did later find out that a heterosexual woman can drive a Suburu as long as it isn't an Outback version. So I looked into Suburus a little more. And I do love the idea of AWD and I really do like the look of both the Impreza and Legacy sedans, BUT they just don't get the best gas mileage (probably because they are all safe and have AWD) and at this point in my childless life I'm more worried about gas mileage than safety. I mean when you skydive, ride South American buses by yourself as a blond woman, and eat lettuce in foreign countries you are already sort of living on the edge. So why start worrying about safety now? And to all the people who suggested luxury type cars, once again I love, love, love luxury but just don't think now is the time. Especially being single. I can't have someone wanting to marry me because of my rad car or anything...or not wanting to marry me because they think I'm in major debt or worldly. You have to be SO careful when you are a Singleton. Oh and I'm sorry that I don't like two door cars or odd-numbered year cars...just opinions. Basically I'm sorry for not being able to buy every car that every one of you suggested. I wish I were Oprah because then I'd buy all your suggestions, drive them around for a week, and then give them to you all, just to be cool. But that can't happen. So I thank you for your suggestions and want you to know that I seriously considered each of them. Apology ended.

3 comments:

Christa said...

My name has been mentioned in more than one post. Sweet!
I have to say. I always wonder about men driving minis....I wonder if it was his wife's.

Battfam said...

Man, I didn't know you ever paid attention to anything I said, but after that apology I will try not to put you a guilt trip again. Whew!

Rachel said...

"Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love." Sounds like the perfect car color to me! JK.