Our only problem is that we are going in just over two weeks from now and we have planned NOTHING...I mean nothing. We have had our plane tickets for quite a while but basically since we got our plane tickets we haven't done anything to prepare...no hotels, no decisions on an itinerary, no transportation, no nothing. However, sometimes unplanned=fun. But sometimes unplanned=disaster.
And we have a new Spinster in the mix...my stolen from my sister-in-law friend, Christa. Kate and I had to do a little recruiting since we lost some of our other Spinster travel buddies to marriage, school, boringness, and other excuses for not traveling. So we want unplanned to equal fun so that Christa's first Spinster Reunion will be a great one.
So, any suggestions people? I think that at least a few of you have been to Costa Rica as it is a pretty common place to travel to. So, where do we go? Where do we stay? How do we get around...buses, rental car, vans, hitchhiking (just kidding MOM)?
Oh, and if anyone else wants to come you can still hop on board. It obviously isn't too late since we have done no planning whatsoever!
4 comments:
I didn't realize these were called spinster trips because of a trip to Thailand. It was destiny for me to become a part of this. Bridget Jones is my favorite movie!
We went there a few years ago and walked up a really cool water fall. We traveled around by bus, and it was bumpy, too. We took a jeep tour that went through some of the back areas...and it was really interesting. Not sure you should eat at those road side vendors at the rest areas, though. Yikes.
Okay, so where do you get a job that pays well enough and gives you enough time off to travel as much as you get to? I'm jealous. You may hate your job, but it seems pretty cushy.
You are going to have to ask my mom just exactly what happened to her at that water fall she is talking about... made me giggle for days!
Also, my friend Kim (on my blog) went there a few years ago and LOVED it! I will have to ask for some suggestions. I do remember hearing about a lot of hiking.
Also, I have a friend Libby that grew up there and her family still lives there! Man, why am I not giong to Costa Rica with you again? I seem to have a lot of connections!
Post a Comment