First of all...thank you to everyone for your overwhelming response to my request for help in choosing my next vehicle. I got some great advice. Right now I think that I'm leaning toward a Honda Civic Sedan (good job to those of you who suggested the Civic), although I am having a little trouble with that one. It seems like most of the Honda Dealerships only have a few 2008's left and I'm having a little trouble finding one that is a 4-door and isn't some weird color...like red (I'm more of a silver, black, grey, tan or white type of person when it comes to cars...I know, BORING, but I just don't need some bright color drawing attention to the fact that I am a SPEEDER and getting me lots of tickets). And...I don't know why but I just can't bring myself to buy a 2009. I have this weird dislike for odd numbers. So we'll see if I...
1) get over my fear of odd numbers and buy an '09
2) get over my fear of 2-doors
3)get over my fear of weird colored cars
4)or just buy a whole different car
So, I don't know...we'll see what happens. Hopefully I can find something I like soon, and I guess if not I'll maybe just ride the bus this Winter and wait for the 2010's to come out. I'll keep you all posted.
P.S. Christa I love the Mini but one requirement is that I weigh or at least appear to weigh less than my car. You should get one though... you are skinny and would look cute in one.
P.P.S. To the many people who suggested Suburu...great cars, all-wheel drive would be nice...BUT, everybody knows what people say about single women who drive Suburus...and I'm sure there are already enough rumors out there about why I'm not married...I don't need to add that one to the list! But thanks for the suggestion anyway.
P.P.P.S. And to those of you who suggested more expensive cars like a Beemer, or an Audi, Saab, Volvo, Infinity, or Acura thanks too...you are right on track with what I of course want, but know I must not have at this point in my life, so I won't. Instead I will get a nice, sensible car and wait until I have a midlife crisis (I'm thinking in about 10 years or so) and then I'll get myself something a little more exciting.
And the second item of business today is... LEECHES!

There has been quite a bit of confusion over what a Blog Leech is. I've got some really nice people who I don't consider as leeches (like Becky in Ohio, Amy in Arizona, my grandma and others), thinking that they are leeches and it is making me feel bad. So, please let me clarify.
A blog leech is, "A person who reads another person's blog regularly and NEVER or VERY RARELY leaves a comment causing the person who is writing the blog to not know:
1)who their blog audience is
2)who to not say bad stuff about
3)how awesome they are and how appreciated their blog writing is (as yet another form of 21st Century anti-social entertainment)."
You DO NOT have to have a blog of your own to not be a blog leech...all you have to do is occasionally (like once a month or every other month) leave a comment on the blogs you read. Because OBVIOUSLY if the person whose blog you are leeching off didn't write stuff that was interesting to you and at least comment-worthy occasionally then you wouldn't be regularly reading their blog...unless you are a total loser and in that case you might as well go start playing Halo and World of Warcraft. And don't say, "but, (add whiny voice) I don't know how to leave a comment!" because my 80+ year old grandma (who has lived the majority of her life without a computer) can leave me a comment. So there!
Okay, okay I don't want people to think that I am a blog comment Nazi or anything but the truth of the matter is that I, like everybody else, love getting comments and love knowing who is reading my blog...even if you are my 12 year old first cousin once removed. So, even if you are an old friend from high school, a college roommate, a distant relative, or a straight up stalker, I'd love to hear from you.
That's all I am going to say for now. If you are innocent, let the peace of righteous living flow into your lives. And...if you are guilty of blog leeching let that guilt work upon your soul and help you change your ways. Oh, and if you need help learning how to leave a comment, give my grandma a call...I'm sure she'd be glad to help!
12 comments:
Good choice! Layne drives a black, 2 door Civic & I love it. (It is also lots more fun to fill up at the gas station.) Mitch calls it the 'sports car'. LOL Anyway, I've been told that I look better in it than Layne so I might have to boot him out and Judd and I take over. Good luck on your new purchase!!
"... and my favorite color is light tan."
you brought a Nacho quote to my mind & a little smile to my face.
good luck with the car shopping!
(i'm not really a good person to ask about which car--i really don't even know the names of the different ones. all i know is that i have a Honda and it's a sweet little thing... but just kinda accident prone-story later if you'd like- NOW, if ya wanna know what music i like, or what movies are coming out, or if the Minute Maid Pomegranate-Blueberry juice is worth $3.39 i'd be willing to put in my 2 cents.)
oh yes, & amen to the Blog Leech explanation.... but the pic kinda made me sick. guuuh.
I'm glad that you have come to a decision on your car purchase. According to Layne, that is a good decision for sure. I really had never seen a picture of a leech before, and I really hate that picture.
Your humor makes my day everytime!
Becca, promise I'm not a blog leeche, Geri just read me your post and I thought I might share a slice of my wisdom with you..... an Acura TL is a sweet car. My friend bought a used one (a year old) for 20K. That might be a little below your price range, but you should check them out for sure!
(when you get the Acura TL and come home for a visit can I get a pic with the car and tell people it's mine??)
Wow Jason...love the Acura TL. Maybe I'll have to reconsider on the civic. Let's see how the stock market does these next few weeks first. But, if I do get one I promise I'll let you pretend it is yours.
I didn't know that I was being a leech. I just like seeing what my elder relatives are doing.
MOM...that deleted comment was just a duplicate from Ellen. Nothing freaky.
Hey Ell...
No worries about being a leech, and now you're not for awhile anyway. I just thought it was funny when I found out that you were a blog reader. And at the age of 12 you are my youngest reader!
Hey, Becca. This is your #1 blog leech. Just checking in.
It is hard to comment on a witty blog like yours. Commenters have huge amounts of pressure to only post very clever things that meet the high standards of both the author and your readers. That’s what you get for being so hilarious.
Post a Comment