Friday, September 26, 2008

My Immigration Rules (may be disturbing for some readers)

When I'm president of the U.S.A. my immigration rules will be simple: 1) Come here to contribute to society, not to suck off welfare, not to join and/or start gangs...come to make a better life for you and your family and at the same time contribute to what makes our country great and I say, "WELCOME TO AMERICA." 2) Learn English 3) No farmer blowing aka snot rockets (even if these were acceptable behaviors in your former country). That's it. Those are all the immigration rules I have. So I'm in the bathroom at work the other day looking in the mirror and wishing that I would ever remember to pluck my eyebrows when I have time and have tweezers on me, when...this Asian lady walks in. She walks over to the sink, bends over so her head is down near the sink and begins to farmer blow into the sink. Over and over. Both sides of her nose. LOUDLY. She used water from the sink and her fingers to sort of aid in the blowing of the nose. When she was finished she simply rinsed off her hands (no soap) and shamelessly walked out of the bathroom as if FARMER BLOWING IN THE SINK AT YOUR WORK IS THE MOST NORMAL THING IN THE WORLD TO DO! And that, my friends, was how she blew her nose. I stood there in shock. Wanting to leave but at the same time needing to stay so I could figure out if this was happening for real...happening at my work, in the bathroom, in the United States of America, in the 21st Century...with me there. And it was and it did. Were there Kleenexes in the bathroom? Yes. Was there toilet paper? Yes. And as a last resort were there paper towels? Yes, yes, yes. I don't get it.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Now I have to go wash my hands. ICK!

Suzie said...

YUCK!

Audrey said...

GAG Becca! You warned me but I couldn't resist a good story... GAG!

Audrey said...

and p.s. i think your imm. rules are very fair. i would vote for you.

kiddle97 said...

That is so thoroughly grodacious to the max that I'm surprised you haven't been scarred for life. And I agree with Audrey. Becca for President...

Cassie said...

And I thought my boys were gross! That almost made me puke.

Amy said...

Thanks for a good laugh, and send me a VOTE FOR BECCA bumper sticker.

The Wood Monkeys said...

SSIIIIIICKK