
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! After two weeks of being in the bondage of the UTA bus system I AM FREE...FREE AT LAST! Last night I picked up my new Honda Civic. Now I know that this isn't a new Audi, or Saab, Beemer, or Volvo but it is my first brand new car and I am excited...perhaps even more so then I normally would be due to the fact that I have been without a car for two LONG weeks. Carlessness for two weeks just makes me appreciate my new car even more...it is like candy on Fast Sunday.

It only had 7.5 miles on it when I bought it! This picture shows it at 8 miles due to the fact that I was embarrassed to be taking a picture of the odometer so I had to leave the car dealership first.
Overall the car buying experience wasn't that bad...I didn't even cry once. And spending large amounts of money (or losing large amounts of money) usually makes me cry. I think I cried several times when I bought my house...but then again I was all alone, 25 years old, and hadn't yet taken on my "apathy is the best policy" attitude about life.
So for now goodbye UTA. I may see you again when I either 1)get sick of driving in the snow 2)gas prices go up again or 3)need some new blog material as public transport could be a blogging gold mine.
And to all Americans everywhere I say "You're Welcome" because I am single-handedly trying to stimulate our economy (or Japan's) by buying a new car while the stock market crashes and everything goes to pot in our nation. I also spend money on a lot of other unnecessary things, so I'm doing my best to help America out but I just can't do it alone. Good thing they passed that 700 billion dollar bailout huh? Ha!
So now I just need to name my new car. It's hard to name a nice new car that has no personality. But it is a pain not to have a name for your car because then when you want to say to your friends that you can drive you have to say, "Hey guys, we can take
my car," rather than just being able to say, "Hey guys, we can take Phyllis(or something)." It just has such a better ring to it.
So what should I name this new car? I'm thinking something Japanese since this car is, as my cousin-in-law Lane would say, "Fresh off the boat." But when you Americanize Japanese girl names they always end up being something like, "Flower," or "Sunshine." So then I started thinking of places in Japan but the only ones that I could think of immediately had to do with WW II and huge nuclear explosions and I thought to myself, 'those can't be good names for my car if I don't want to have car trouble.'
So let me know if you have any suggestions. I promise that I probably won't publicly trash your suggestions. I already sort of have a name in mind but I just want to see what you suggest. Oh, and whoever suggests the winning name will win 20 dollars to be used in my Etsy shop, or 2 free Scentsy candles, or one of those new AMAZING diaper bags (you know the ones I'm talking about). So suggest away.
And P.S. to my Madre...sadly I realized today that by the time you and dad get home my new car won't even smell new, it will have 36,000 plus miles on it, and I won't even be excited about it anymore. SAD. It just made me realize how long three years really is. Oh well though...maybe when you get home we can go shopping for a new car for you to make us feel better.
10 comments:
Okay, here goes:
Japanese names:
Suki
Yoto
Yoshi
Kuniko
Tomiko
Yamaguchi
or LaFawnda the Honda. ;)
Congrats on your new car, it looks beautiful!
YunYun. I had a girl come to my office to do paperwork and that's her name. I think it might be Chinese but no one will know...unless they read this.
Oh and I LOVE the car!
Congrats on the new arrival!! We love our cute little Civic.
I like the name Maimi (I'll have to find out what it means) and the name Josie is a personal fav...it means little girl. (in Japan it is pronounced JO-SHE...but we are in America so we call her Josie)
Love the new car. Sorry I'm not good with names. Don't know many Japanese names, but I did know a Korean lady named Sun Bock. She would always say, "you know, like sun block, but without the L".
How about Tikitikitembo-nosarembo-charibariruchi-pipperipembo. Oh yeah, that is Chinese. LaFawnda the Honda made me laugh. Too bad it doesn't look like a LaFawnda. Hey, how about Ronda the Honda? You could spell it Rhonda or Rawnda if you wanted to be fawncy. For reals, what about Keiko? She is cute, classy, and sassy.
So I just looked at some japanese names and Kishi means long life... which you hope for a new car!!
OR
Kuniko means child from the country... to keep in touch with good old Idaho!!
OR
Sachi means blessed or lucky!!
Good luck picking!!
I'd go with Kishi if I were you. I'm with Becky on that one.
(& uhhhhh--you have an etsy shop? what the?? I'd like to check it out!)
Congrats on the pretty new car. Have you abandoned wall flowers now, and gone to Scentsy? You should have let us know. You know how you kind of get a drawer full of those things?
I think that you need your Honda to be a boy car. You might enjoy a strong, dependable male to "get around" with. Here are my suggestions...
Roka - sounds like he has an attitude. One cool car.
Yukio - "gets what he wants" and this car got the girl of his dreams.
Akihiko - "bright boy". No one wants to drive around in a stupid car.
Jiro - "Second male" because he comes after your first male, Logan, who is not Japanese.
Kaemon - because you can get road rage and scream "come on!" and then pretend you are just talking to your car
Good luck with the name game.
PS I would like to know more about this diaper bag and also your etsy store.
Post a Comment