Thursday, October 16, 2008

Trapped in Paradise

Well, I´m trapped in paradise it seems. Costa Rica is having major storms right now (actually three tropical storms have all converged on Costa Rica)...I´ve never seen so much rain in my life. We are in Monteverde right now and every road out of this place is flooded, washed away or has mud slides covering it. Supposedly they are supposed to be digging out one of the roads tonight. We´ll see. Anyway, we are having fun so far even with the tropical storm...it is just a whole different kind of experience. We went zip lining today in the rain. It was super fun...probably extra fun because it was super wet so you move REALLY fast on the zip lines. Definitely something everyone should do in life. We are making friends with lots of other people at our hotel who are also stuck here in Monteverde. I´m glad my parents taught me to not be afraid to talk to strangers because today my friends and I hung out all day with an older couple from Israel who drove us all around exploring in their rental car. It was great since we would have otherwise been stuck in the hotel. So we are having fun and making lots of friends. I´ll post pictures that I´ve taken when I get back. Until then just pray that we will get back and that we won´t run out of food here in Monteverde! Oh, and to my work friends...don´t count on me being back on Tuesday! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

6 comments:

Battfam said...

I just ran across this quote that I thought you could appreciate under the circumstances:
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain"
It sounds like you guys are doing just that. I hope you aren't gagging at the quote. I promise, the email I got it from had no dancing teddy bears or pulsating hearts or bouncing smiley faces. Hey, what is it with hanging out with Jewish people? (I am assuming your new friends are Jewish, but maybe not.)Remember that time in Island Park when most of the Batt family was dancing with the bus load of old Jewish people? Shalom!

Corrine said...

Careful, zip lining in Costa Rica is how Toby broke his back! :)

Kim-may said...

that is awesome. sometimes the best part of trips are meeting people that you really would never talk to before. hope the rain and mudslides let up

Audrey said...

I would love to be trapped in Paradise!! Actually, I don't mind being trapped here in Idaho with my little monkeys either... (do ya like that i am trying to be more positive?)
Can't wait to see all your fun beautiful pics!

Curtis and Crystal said...

I wish I were stuck in Paradise too. You are so lucky to be able to travel around the world. I've never even been on a plane so next time you are leaving the country I wouldn't mind at all it you invited me!!!:) Well, I made a blog for my parents so if you would encourage them to us it that would be great. I just want everyone to be able to keep up on Brian and Rach. Thanks. battbillboard.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Holy cow! You haven't posted for a week! Are you still in Costa Rica? I'm dying for an update.