
To my concerned friends (okay only Rachel seems to be concerned) I made it back!!! Sorry I didn't post sooner. I just haven't had a second until now. But I am alive and well.
We had quite an adventure getting into and out of Monteverde...including a nearly 4 hour traffic jam waiting for them to clear up HUGE mudslides with cars under them (not our car luckily), but we made it safely. And we only got delayed by about a half a day (due to waiting for them to clear out the mudslides). We made it down to Manuel Antonio for a couple of gorgeous days at the beach and then LUCKILY I made it back to the US to be back at work by Tuesday morning. I would have hated to have missed an extra day of work.
I'm going to wait to actually post my pictures and details on the trip until I get the pictures that Christa and Kate took too, since they had some great pictures on their cameras. However I will end this post with a few things I'm grateful for.
1) I'm grateful that my Gma Fern is feeling better and is on the mend (she had a heart attack while I was in Costa Rica). So unfair that my tiny little grandma who probably weighs a buck 5, exercises regularly, and eats healthy has a heart attack.
2) I'm grateful for my great Costa Rican adventure. Especially including the torrential rains and mudslides. I'm glad that none of us died or anything like that. Also I'm glad that Christa, Kate and I were all able to enjoy even the unexpected parts of the trip and have fun no matter what!

3) I'm so grateful for my Nano Titanium Babyliss Pro flat iron which I did not take with me (due to the fact that my luggage always seems to get lost anyway). I however am glad to be back with my good flat iron. My self esteem goes up about 100 points when this thing is with me. Next time I'm going to just put it in my carry-on.

4) I'm grateful for South and Central American OREOs which for some weird reason are about 1000 times better than USA OREOs. I'm not sure quite why but I promise they are better. I NEVER buy OREOs in the US but they are always a snack of choice for me in other countries. They must put some illegal addictive substance in them in other countries. I even got Kate and Christa hooked on them.
5) And last but not least I'm glad that they did get my luggage to me. This time after only one and a half days without it. And they even drove it 3 hours through muddy roads to get it to me. My lost luggage did mean that I had to go repelling through waterfalls in borrowed shoes and levi shorts but overall it wasn't that bad. I'm just starting to assume that my luggage is going to get lost. Then I'm not even mad or disappointed when it does.
Okay folks, that's all for now. I'll write up more and post more pics later on. Until then if you want to see more details on our trip you can read
Christa's post or
Kate's post on life lessons learned in Costa Rica.
3 comments:
We're glad you are back and had fun in spite of some set backs. That road was REALLY muddy. I'll bet Kate was glad she wasn't driving this trip.
Those Oreos just make me hungry looking at them. I'm glad you had a good trip and extra glad you made it back for work!!
I am glad you made it back safely! Now I have something interesting to read at work.
Post a Comment