Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tagged by Tallie

I'm it again. I guess I don't mind being tagged every once in awhile. It gives me an easy subject for a post. So, here you go. In no particular order...

8 Shows I Love to Watch...

  1. The Office (Love it and highly recommend it)
  2. Arrested Development (hilarious, but cannot recommend this one)

Sorry, but I only have two for this category. I don't have cable or DVR and I HONESTLY hardly ever watch TV. I know I'm lame and can't relate to people due to my lack of television watching.

8 Favorite Restaurants...

  1. Cuccina Toscana (Amazing Gnocchis and Molten Lava Chocolate Cake)
  2. Pie Pizzeria
  3. Paradise Bakery
  4. Yoshi's
  5. Rubio's (yummy chicken street tacos with no onion)
  6. Cafe Rio (of course...I love CR...I'm Mormon. It is the closest thing to a drug addiction we get to have.)
  7. Desert Edge Brewery (the food, not the beer)
  8. Millhollow (I'm addicted to white chocolate almond and pistachio frozen yogurt with cookie dough blended in...you have to try it to believe it.)

8 Things That Happened Yesterday...

  1. I was late to work (so normal I don't even consider it late anymore)
  2. We got Starbucks Caramel Apple Ciders at Work...YUM!
  3. 10 hours at a job I can barely tolerate anymore
  4. Total fits of depression approximately hourly as I checked my etrade stock account...the economy is going to turn me bipolar...up and down, up and down, but more down then up right now.
  5. Watched the Office...wished that I worked for Michael Scott.
  6. Laser hair removal treatment...OUCH. I guess it is the price I have to pay to not look like Bigfoot's wife or an Italian woman.
  7. I found out that Delta is going to start flying directly from Atlanta to Fortaleza, Brazil in December...MIRACLE! The only direct flight from the USA to Fortaleza gets added soon after my parents move there and on my favorite airline...Lucky me!
  8. I, for the first time in weeks, went to bed before 1 A.M.

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To...

  1. Going to Costa Rica this week!
  2. Coldplay concert in November
  3. Tax Refunds
  4. The November elections being over...other than the great SNL skits I am TOTALLY sick of this election.
  5. The day I finally get the guts to quit my job
  6. Spending Christmas in Brazil with my family
  7. Planting some tulip and daffodil bulbs at my new place
  8. Retirement

8 Things On My Wish List...

  1. Find a career I LOVE
  2. Become independently wealthy
  3. Go to Antarctica in 2010
  4. New luggage
  5. Live in a Spanish-speaking country again
  6. A tapeworm (where's Creed when I need him?)
  7. Having my dad build me a beautiful house in Idaho in 2 years and 9 months
  8. Starting good habits like: going to bed early, more exercise, cooking food, cutting down the times of day I say "I hate my job," etc.

8 People I Tag...

  1. My pregnant, bedridden, blogleech cousin Kim (you'll need to start a blog first though I guess)
  2. My blogfriend Becky in Ohio
  3. Jerry and Melissa...because you guys REALLY need to update your blog
  4. Cousin Cassie Coleman
  5. Noj and Socks
  6. Christa
  7. Kate and Mark
  8. Candace and Skippy

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Have fun in Costa Rica!
I must say you're the first person under 30 that I've heard looking forward to retirement. You are a hoot Becca Batt!

Cassie said...

My first thought was 'She has got to stop looking at her stocks! She is young...she's got time...she'll be fine.' Then I read #8 RETIREMENT and realized that you are totally serious about your stocks.

You're a blast Becca!