Friday, November 2, 2007

Free Falling

I am SO tired right now...I was up until 4 A.M. writing a paper for one of my classes. Because I would have to be up by 5 to go to work I just decided not to go to bed at all last night and just went into work early instead. I actually did pretty well with no sleep...I only had to drink one energy drink to get through the day...and I even worked a 12 hour day! Amazing what a little caffeine will do for you. I like to pull an all nighter every once in a while...just to feel young again! Anyway, I should just go to bed right now, but I don't want to mess up my sleeping schedule too much so I'll try to stay up until 9 or so tonight. So, I figured I'd add a little something to my blog while I try to stay awake because Jerry at work said my blog was getting "stale" and "lame" and that I needed to update it. SORRY BLOG FANS. I don't have anything too exciting to add right now so I just thought I would post a picture of me skydiving on my 27th birthday. It was something that I had always KIND OF wanted to do, and I just decided that I was going to do it. My brother Lee went with me and we had so much fun...we did write out wills and funeral plans before going, just in case. It wasn't even scary though once I got there. The anticipation before going to the jump site was much worse than actually jumping out of the plane. The air was freezing cold and it was hard to breathe. Don't laugh at my picture...I was going 120 miles per hour in free fall when that picture was taken. Try to imagine your face and hair at 120 mph...yeah, you would look ugly too. It was a lot of fun...not exactly what I expected, but a lot of fun. I was hoping for that stomach dropping feeling you get on roller coaster rides...I love that feeling, but you don't get it skydiving. Instead you just get this, "I am rad, I did something crazy" feeling.

7 comments:

Kim-may said...

who says "rad?" just kidding. awesome update.

Becca's Blog said...

You do...you are the one that got me using that word!

Corrine said...

Way to pass on the 27th birthday tradition! That photo is totally rad like for sure. :)

Becca's Blog said...

Leave me alone about using "rad" everyone. Rad is totally cool right now, don't you know?

Kim-may said...

becca you are rad. you know why? i noticed that your zodiac sign is the "sheep"~! dont look at mine though..........its says im a boar.

Something McSomethingkins said...

I'm a boar too:( And my skydiving picture looks about the same, so I totally understand. I felt the same way about the whole thing too. I kind of wanted to go, but really I just went because it was Heidi's 30th birthday thing she wanted to do.

Something McSomethingkins said...

By the by, I don't think your blog is stale or lame. I think Jerry is stale and lame. I get the same crap from him on a daily basis, and he has super shaggy hair! I will admit that I think his hair is rad though.