Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Zumba Dummy


Tonight I joined in on the Zumba fad for the first time.  My cousin Audrey and sister-in-law Kim talked me in to giving it a try.  I wonder if, after tonight's class, they regret it...if they were embarrassed to know me.  

I know I was embarrassed to know me.  

Because I'm sooooooo uncoordinated.  
And I suck.
And I kept bumping into the people around me.
And I might have almost fallen once.  

I'm a Zumba disaster...kinda like the lady in the picture above.  But she looks like a clueless Zumba disaster...at least I know I'm a Zumba disaster.  That's a start, right?  

And I'm serious...I'm not just saying that I'm an uncoordinated disaster in the way that everyone says they're uncoordinated.  I really am.  I might just be the most uncoordinated person I know.  

If you don't believe me just ask my brother Tyler to see the video he took of me the first time I played wii tennis.  I was pretty horrible.  I was all over the room swinging that wii controller around uncontrollably.  Tyler said that if he posted the video on YouTube that it would definitely go viral.  I didn't let him.  Maybe I should have though.  I might be YouTube famous by now.   

I'm just naturally uncoordinated I suppose.  It's not that my parents didn't try to help me.  From a young age they had me in ballet, jazz, tap, and gymnastics classes.  But I was pretty much hopeless from the beginning.  Someday maybe I'll post the video of me at my first ballet recital so you can see for yourselves just how bad I really was.  I was so horrible that people in the audience laughed when it came time for my little solo twirl with star-wand wave combo.  Well, at least I was funny I guess.  

Anyway, I figured that regardless of my dancing disability, I'd better get doing something...before my fat rolls get any more numerous or large.  I don't want to start losing things in them...like car keys or fried chicken.  

I don't know why I've always been so worried about losing fried chicken in my fat rolls.  

Because I don't even eat fried chicken.

Anyway, it's back to Zumba again tomorrow.  I'm not quite ready to give up yet.  Even if I am embarrassing myself.  

Wish me luck! 


5 comments:

EB said...

Here's wishing you good luck!

Battfam said...

Not giving up. That's the spirit!

I looked up Zumba on the Internet and it looked hard to me; fun, but hard. I guess I'll just stick with Jillian.

Lucy said...

Wow, I'm way behind. The last exercise video I did regularly was Jane Fonda. YUK

Christa said...

But look at the pure joy on the crazy woman's face. That can be you.

Sarah Peterson said...

I'm sorry you are uncoordinated. I am also not too great of a dancer, but I really like Zumba. The first time I went I looked ridiculous. It gets easier after a few months. They repeat a lot of the same moves so it becomes relatively easy, but you get a good work out! I think you should stick with it! My Zumba teacher is amazing! Make sure you go to a great teacher- they can make all the difference!