Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Moral Question for my Readers


Dear Readers,

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being cannibalism and 1 being picking your nose, how morally wrong would it be for a person to sell their free of charge Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert tickets to desperate David Archuleta fans for say, 200 dollars, on Craigslist?  

Just wondering.

Becca



12 comments:

Battfam said...

Go for it! Just pay your tithing on your increase. Also, please tell me the picture you posted is NOT going to be on the CD. Oh my stinkin puke!

Becca's Blog said...

But MOM...wouldn't it be considered dirty money...like lotto winnings? I thought you didn't pay tithing on dirty money.

And, no, I don't think that picture is going to be on his CD. I think it is one that some crazy fan photo-shopped. They've got all sorts of pictures of little Archie with wings on his back...what an angel!

Mardi said...

200? Sweet! If they want it that bad!

Lucy said...

If no one with a real heart string tugging story doesn't need them (for free) go for the money.

hmmm said...

capitalism at its finest.
and "Oh my stinkin puke" made me chuckle a little bit.

Jenkins Family said...

I say do it for sure. I don't think I would consider it dirty money either.

Amy said...

Do it... ahh, ahh, ahh.

Battfam said...

A question for you...Do you actually have this opportunity or are you just trying to set your moral compass?

Becca's Blog said...

Both...that is what people were offering to buy them for, but I'm also trying to set my moral compass. And so far, nobody has really told me where on the scale this is. They just say to do it. So, I'm thinking that it can't be much worse than picking your nose then.

Christa said...

I think the better question is....how morallly wrong is it that someone is willing to pay $200 for a ticket to see him perform....because I worry for that person's soul.

Audrey said...

Holy Moly! I should be pumped up the biggity that I was just offered a few tickets for 2 of the nights!! I better act fast before I am slapping over 200bucks! You know I am a huge Archy fan!

Becca's Blog said...

So I haven't sold the tickets yet. I guess I just kind of feel like the world's biggest jerk for selling something I got for free. But then one time when I was at BYU I went dumpster diving and found a big stack of textbooks that I sold (and made a bunch of money on btw). So, I guess I've done things of this nature before. But when you throw the MoTab and Conference Center into the mix I guess I just feel a little creepy for making money off the deal.

And to Christa, maybe you're right...maybe I should go ahead and make money off of the craze. I worry about those people's souls too.

And Audrey, get those tickets fast before your friends figure out that they can scalp them!

And to everyone else, thanks for the encouragement!