Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Brazil for Christmas?

So I'm thinking that I may go to Brazil for Christmas after all.  
We had a lovely Fall in Idaho but just like that the weather turned bad.  And, I think I may have had my fill of this:



and this...

and this...

for the year already.  


Although that last picture of the giant drift in my G-ma's backyard is pretty beautiful.  But beautiful is still cold and wet.  


I guess I'm just a wimp.  


I guess I just don't like driving on slick roads or having cold, wet, feet all of the time.  And I REALLY don't like what going out in the snow does to my hair...hair gets messed up, self esteem drops, and the day is basically ruined.  


Anyway, don't get me wrong...I do LOVE love LOVE Idaho, but I am not a huge fan of Idaho Winters.  


If I had my way I'd live in Idaho from May through September and also from December 24th to January 1st and then I'd hide out somewhere warmer for the rest of the year.  


I need to find a warm place that isn't humid and also doesn't require you to share your home with large spiders, scorpions, and/or geckos.  


Oh, and I guess I need to find a job that allows me to split my time between two places...any suggestions?  

8 comments:

Lucy said...

hey dude....when you leavin?
We're gonna miss you like crazy.

Battfam said...

Dad is so bummed that he is missing the storm. I'm not so sure I'm missing it. I might be wimping out like you.

Battfam said...

I hear Gma has named one of the drifts "the Matterhorn." Just hope you don't see K-2 or Aconcagua any time soon.

Tallie, Aaron, Sterling, Avalon, Truman and Quin said...

Believe it or not, I am incredibly jealous. I remember hating snow in January. I loved it until after Christmas. Now that I live in Arizona, I would give anything to have snow or even a season change of some kind. I want to be cold and wet and have my nose hair freeze. So Jealous!

Kate said...

I'd go to Brazil, but I'm a little biased.
Also, my friend in DC (not the dentist) told me that there is a 30-40yr old only ward there that is great. I'm trying to get my friend Kristin to move out there to check it out for all of us.

Kate said...

Oh, and DC is humid, but you would be in Idaho in the summers, so it might be ok.

Jenkins Family said...

Come see me :) We could go to disney and your hair would not get messed up. There is very little humidity right now and the weather is perfect. I liked seeing pictures of the snow but I am glad that I am not there.

Becca's Blog said...

I just might take you up on that offer Kathryn...especially if my hair won't get messed up. I have a buy one get one free plane ticket I need to use...maybe I can convince Ty or Nathan to come with me.