I sold MoTab tickets that I paid absolutely nothing for.
And I sold them for 200 dollars.
The cash is in my hand. (in small unmarked bills)
And now everybody is trying to make me feel bad about it...like I sold my soul to the devil himself.

What's up with that?
You can't be guilt tripping me now...because it's too late. The deed is done.
And I gave everyone the opportunity to pre-guilt trip me here...I asked all of you, my blog readers, my moral compasses, my guides to what is right and proper in this world to lead me and guide me and not one person said, "STOP Becca!!!...Don't do it!...200 bucks isn't worth rotting in hell over forever!...It's not worth 200 dollars to have guilt eternally eat away at your soul!"
But, nobody stopped me. Not even my mother.
So why are people making me feel like I'm a creepy person for making such an awesome gain on my money?...0 dollars invested...200 gained. It's an incalculable return on my investment.
As far as I'm concerned, I should be applauded for making such a sound financial decision in times like these.
And, it takes two to tango. If there hadn't been a demand then I wouldn't have supplied. But there was a demand and I supplied.
The guy I sold them to is a die-hard David Archuleta fan and so is his family.
He thanked me exactly eight times via email for selling him the tickets. He said to me "you have no clue how happy I am to get these tickets." He drove an hour in a snowstorm to pick them up. And when we met he greeted me with 200 bucks and a smile and said, "I'm so excited to get these," and then he even made a joke about it looking like a drug deal (we met in a Maverick parking lot), and then he thanked me again.
He thanked me and thanked me and thanked me for selling him tickets I got for free...
and they were balcony seats.
I suck.
9 comments:
Well, at least now I know I'll have someone to keep me company down there.
You are dang funny.
It sounds like you have "seller's remorse." Hopefully you can handle it. I have a feeling you will.
For some reason I feel like this is the best post ever. Probably because I am jealous of your sound financial exchange.
If you just don't feel right about it, send me the $200. I will take the weight off your shoulders. I like to help out where I can.
Thanks for the offer Mardi...I think I'm getting over the guilt though...I've had a great couple of shopping days in SLC and I'm feeling much better about having the extra 200 dollars!
I think you should put this on your resume and let possible future employers know about your mad money skills. (Maybe just skip applying at any government agencies since they seem more interested in someone that can take $200 and turn it into $0.
love the government comment Aunt Mil! sadly too true
I officially love this post and every comment on it. At least thus far. And I second Christa's statement.
Post a Comment