Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shame on me...


I just got an email from my brother with the subject "shame on you" and a link to this article.  

Maybe I'm just a heartless jerk, but I still don't feel bad about what I did.  Even if it was "inappropriate."  I've done lots of inappropriate things in my life...this is just one of many.  Add it to the list.  At least this inappropriate thing will pay for my Christmas 2010 gifts.  

And, in my defense, I didn't post an ad on craigslist.  I just responded to an ad.  And if that ad hadn't existed then I wouldn't have done what I did.  

And if there weren't people who did drugs then there wouldn't be drug dealers.

And if there weren't gamblers then there wouldn't be casinos.    

And if there weren't crazed David Archuleta fans then I wouldn't be 200 dollars richer.  

I say it's capitalism at its finest.  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justification is a sinners tool.
-Lee

Becca's Blog said...

Oh Lee, live a little.

And, I never said I wasn't a sinner, I only said I wasn't sorry.

Christa said...

I still think the bigger sin is actually paying $200 for those tickets...

Battfam said...

So you are an unrepentant sinner?

Battfam said...

Also, sorry I didn't advise you to be more appropriate. I sometimes have trouble deciding between appropriate and inappropriate.

Kim said...

Ha! I saw this article and thought of you. I'd wondered if you'd seen it.

Mardi said...

Tell Lee that he doesn't get a Christmas present from you since he thinks your money is inappropriate.

Becca's Blog said...

That's not a bad idea Mardi...especially since I don't know what to get him anyway. I'd hate to buy him something with "sinner's money."

kiddle97 said...

That's ok Becca. I shan't condemn you. I think I just made off with basically free pasta sauce at Safeway today. I didn't mean to, but driving home, I realized that I think the lady gave me two coupons' worth of discounts for just one item. Oops.

Here's an idea. With your $200 and my free pasta sauce and pasta, we can go make a really fancy dinner for Tootsie Roll Industries' CEO and sweet-talk him into bringing back the candies that you loved. I didn't even get to try them. I shed a tear at the thought... Maybe that would erase our sin because then we'd go buy lots of bags at regular price without any coupons and we'd donate them (some of them).