Thursday, December 17, 2009

Smitten Mittens, the Best New Candy in the World, and the New Version of Blogger

Here's what I was talking about at the end of the Snuggie post...

the Hand Hugger!!! Lee found their website and has already chosen his prize from my etsy shop for doing so.  

Are you "tired of struggling with holding hands while wearing gloves?"  If so, you should go to www.handhugger.com where you'll find the solution to all your winter hand holding problems.  

And guess what?  Yup, they're made in Utah.  I knew there had to be Utah Mormons behind this ridiculousness.  Okay, well I don't know for sure that the owners of the company called Smitten Mittens who make the Hand Huggers are Mormons, but I'm just going to assume that they are, because they probably are.  

Check out this picture...isn't that romantic?  Getting kissed on a mountain top while your arm is twisted awkwardly behind your back while your lover grabs your bottom with his hand, and yours.  





Here's my FAVORITE quote from their website.  I must share.  Oh and I copied the quote exactly how it is written on the website, punctuation and all.  (And you thought I was bad with improperly using ellipses and writing major run on sentences!)

"Going on a first date...why not take along a Hand Hugger, who knows...Wouldn't grandma and grandpa look cute using them on their walks...The possibilities are endless."

First of all, I don't know how they got straight from a first date to grandma and grandpa, all in one sentence.  Second of all, I can't imagine a more awkward thing to bring on a first date.  Haaaaaaaaa as if first dates aren't awkward enough as it is...throw in a Hand Hugger and it's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.  Endless possibilities?...that might be a bit of a stretch.  

But speaking of things that aren't recipes for disaster...have you guys tried the new Junior Mints Candy Coated Minis?  Because if you haven't, you should.  They are the best (and worst) thing that's happened to me this Christmas season.  (Thank you Audrey for introducing them to me.)  

Christmas used to be awesome because of Mint M&M's, but then the Mint M&M's got all fat and weird and aren't as good as they used to be.  But, luckily we now have these...




awesome candies.  They are way better than a Junior Mint and way better than a Mint M&M, in my opinion.  

But, good luck finding them.  I've scoured the Salt Lake Valley looking for these and they are not easy to find.  Now that I have what I need stocked up for the season I guess I can tell you that the only place I've found them is at Harmon's.  It's probably because they are 4 bucks a bag there, so they've lasted longer than at other places.  Or, maybe the other places never got them.  But you should go get some...they're worth every penny.  I promise. And, if you buy them and don't like them, I'll take them off your hands.  

The third topic for this post is the new version of Blogger. I just want to say how much I LOVE the new blogger.  If you are still using the old Blogger, you should switch over.  It only takes about 5 minutes to get used to the new version and it is WAY EASIER to use, especially when it comes to moving around and inserting pictures, and with the spacing between paragraphs...my two biggest complaints about Blogger.  I was seriously thinking of moving my blog over to WordPress, but now that they've made changes to the two most annoying things about Blogger, I think I'll stay awhile.  

The new version doesn't have spell check, but I have recently discovered that you don't need Blogger to have spell check if you use Google Chrome as your web browser because Google Chrome has it's own spell check that is way better than Blogger's spell check anyway.  

Okay, I'm sounding like a total blog nerd so I'm going to end this post, but I promise, switch over to the new Blogger.  The quality of your life will increase drastically.  Oh, and go get a Hand Hugger and some Junior Mints Candy Coated Minis too if you want your Christmas to be AMAZING.  

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree on mint m and m's. They ruined a good thing. You'll have to let me try one of your junior mints. Aunt E

Cassie said...

That hand hugger thing. Weird.

And the candy...I now have a reason to get dressed and go do something today. I'm off to find the candy.

Anonymous said...

The new font in this post is hard to read.

Lee

Becca's Blog said...

What? You don't like Courier New? I guess I've just gotten used to it since it is the font I had to use for all my Biostats homework. I WON'T use it again. My apologies to my blog readers.

jess said...

You crack me up. Ok, how do you change to the new blogger, you blog nerd you?

Becca's Blog said...

Font changed.

Becca's Blog said...

Jessica, you go under the "Settings" tab and then the first page of that tab is the "Basic" page. Go to the bottom of that page and you'll see a thing that says "Select Post Editor" and then you just click on "Updated Editor" and save your changes.

Battfam said...

Weird is not a strong enough word for the Handhugger. Unbelievably weird isn't even strong enough. Are you sure they're for real?

I know I said I don't want any candy for Christmas, but you've peaked my interest with the new Jr. Mints. Besides that, Aunt E. will be here and she wants to try them. I know they cost 4 bucks and you've already given me my present, but I am your mom and one of your biggest blog fans and I leave comments all the time.

kiddle97 said...

Oh my gosh, I've been using Google Chrome for ages now and I had no idea there was a spellcheck! Thank you thank you!

Have you had the Mint Thrill M&Ms? They are divine. And they were gone from my house, so I had to get more. I haven't seen the candy-coated Junior Mints though, so maybe that's for the best, considering this bag of Mint Thrill M&Ms will probably not last too long.

Bobbi said...

I got mine mini Jr. Mints from Fred Meyer. I wonder how they would be in cookies???

Lucy said...

I want to try new blogger, too.
I found the Jr. Mints at Freddy's (after checking 3 times). On sale, they are 3.69 there. So, I went ahead and bought 6 bags. Thinking I would give a bag to each of my 5 kids. (and one for me and Jay....well maybe just for me) Anyway, I'm not sure I'll give the others away. Got to think about it some more.

Chris and Cindy said...

Hey dude! I actually saw someone buying a snuggie the other day... CRAZY! And those mitten things are one of the dumbest inventions yet!!! Are you home yet?!?!?

Rachel said...

I love how you said "Utah mormons" as opposed to "Idaho mormons." Thanks for the info on the new blogger. I need to upgrade as I have had the same complaints as you.

Becca's Blog said...

Hey Rach...no offense, eh? Just for the record, you're the coolest Utah Mormon I know and would never be the type to create the Hand Hugger. And I mean that...