Okay, first of all, I've had 44 views today...somebody even viewed my blog from freaking Iceland...and the only comment I got was from a spammer (possibly an Icelandic spammer). Hello, is anybody out there? What's wrong, am I boring my blog fans? I'll try to be more interesting in the future, but seriously guys, evil midgets in the back seat of my car is about as interesting as it gets for me, and might ever get.
Second of all, those shoes in my post RIDICULOUS are now making my feet bleed. Do you think I can return them to Target? Then when they ask me if there was anything wrong with the item I can say, "Yes, they make my feet bleed!" And I really don't think I bought them a size too small. I think they are just super cute but super uncomfortable shoes, as are a lot of shoes I've worn in my life. The worst I think had to be some shoes my cousin Audrey and I bought in China. They were sooooo cute, trendy, and cheap. But, my shoes hurt my feet and Audrey's shoes caused her some major bleeding if I remember right.
Third of all, at the bottom of my posts where you used to see the word "Comment," which is where those of you who aren't big leeches would click if you wanted to comment, you now will see "Non Leechy People." So, that's where you click now if you want to comment. And, if anyone can think of anything better to put there in place of "Non Leechy People," and I like it, then I'll give you a dollar or a Scentsy candle, depending on how good your suggestion is. I just wanted the COMMENT button to stand out a bit more because some of my readers have complained that they "don't know how to leave a comment," or "can't see where you click to comment." Come on people, Al Gore invented the Internet YEARS ago...it's time to learn how to use it!
And, fourth of all. People are asking, "Becca, what are you going to do after you graduate? Where are you going? Do you have a job?" etc. Here's the answer, "Becca doesn't know what she's going to do after she graduates, doesn't know where she's going, and hasn't even started looking for a job." Basically my plan is to take a little sabbatical and travel for a few weeks, search for a job for a few weeks, then travel for a few weeks more and then search for a job for a few weeks, and so forth. And, if by the summer I haven't found a "real" job then I'll maybe fulfill one of my lifelong occupational dreams, which are kind of weird, and are not the kind of dreams that your mom would want to brag about you having, but are dreams nonetheless. For some weird reason I've always wanted to: 1)work at the Post Office...I love sending and recieving packages, 2) work at the airport...I love airports and people coming and going, 3) work as a travel agent...I LOVE buying plane tickets and planning travel, even if it isn't for me, and 4) work as a waitress...I think just to see if I could hack it. So, see, I have plans for my future and many occupational options. I'll be okay...right?
Oh, and fifth of all, I can't get the spell check to work on this new version of Blogger. So, no spelling corrections please, and if anyone knows how to do the spell check on the new Blogger please let me know. Thanks!

19 comments:
I used to end up with shoes that did permanent foot damage, too. But then, I decided to go straight to comfort....Clarks, etc. Audrey really had a fit when I had Geri wear "Easy Spirit's" for basket ball in the 8th grade. sorry Geri.
For the comments line, how about "cool commenters". It's great to feel cool!
Ok, so will you take a trip to Texas to meet my friend's single friend. I've met him once and he's really nice.
How's that for a comment? I'm serious, by the way. You can stay with me! :)
You make me laugh. Wish I was more adventurous. Good luck with everything that follows graduation. Yeah for being done.
Jessica
"meh meh...little comment"-Lee
I'll take your dollar, but you can keep your candle. If you need some, I have a few that I haven't tried to return for money or given to D.I. Aunt E
1) How do you expect to get comments if you are outlawing spelling corrections?
2) Is Lee's comment an inside joke, because I don't get it?
3) I like Lucy's suggestion for the comment button.
4) Last of all, you might want to rethink that waitress idea, especially if you can't seem to buy shoes that don't make your feet bleed.
MOM,
1) I only outlaw spelling corrections when I can't get the spell check to work.
2) I don't get Lee's comment either. I think it is an inside joke between Lee and Lee.
MARDI,
1) Of course I'll come see you sometime.
2) Is there a time of year that the humidity is tolerable there? I'll come then. My hair doesn't do well in heavy humidity.
LEE,
1) What the?
2) Please explain.
EVERYBODY ELSE,
1)Thanks for the comments.
2) I officially give you non-leech status for the next month.
Sorry about the shoes. When you return them I would love to see their face when you tell them you got blood in them.
You are always welcome for a visit. Lots of church history sites in my neck of the woods.
My secret job desire: McDonalds. I don't even need to work there for a long time. I just want a few days to work on those awesome cash registers.
One more thing: About that picture at the top of the post; I see that "Do I or don't I" fashion statement fairly often at the grocery store near our house. I really think no one should make you guess whether they have pants on or not.
Dear Cassie and all other Target shoppers,
Don't worry, I'm not really taking back the bloody shoes.
Becca
And Mil, I actually thought of that Pao de Azucar by your house when I posted that picture. I've seen plenty of men there with the t-shirt/Speedo combo going on. It's kind of gross...especially in a grocery store.
Lee's comment is from "The Office." Dwight says it when he is pretending to be Jim. Man, I need to get a life.
Dear Becca-
Confession: I have now watched those Lawrence Welk videos like over 10 times each. I show them to everyone I know and they all love them.
Thanks for the laugh.
love,
non-leachy kate
I have totally taken back shoes that made me bleed and blister up and then bleed again. I tried to break them in but it didn't work. They will give you a funny look. But then you get your money back or at least store credit. Totally worth it.
PS. I totally got Lee's comment.
I actually think you could make millions as a travel agent . . . and your mom would be totally proud.
I can't get ANYTHING to work on the new version of Blogger. Glad it's not just me.
You could try returning the shoes. If they don't like the fact that they made your feet bleed, maybe you could use the "spite" excuse like Seinfeld did. Ah, another classic. Just had to throw that in. I haven't gotten my Seinfeld fix in ages.
Hey Becca,
No we are not coming home for Christmas this year. We actually like to be at our house Christmas morning. Chloe is having belly problems. She is allergic to all the formula we give her. She was even allergic to my milk. So we are in and out of doctors for awhile which is hard to leave anywhere. We are on another new formula and we are praying it works. We are blessing the baby on January 2nd if anyone wants to come down. Pass on the word. Your all invited to a baked potato bar after. Love Crystal
i vote for the post office, especially if they make you wear their lovely outfits. please post pictures to your blog. i think you'll get a lot more non leechy people. thanks for the laffy taffy. you're hilarious.
I haven't read your blog for ages and it is still interesting and fun. I'm all dressed up in my red hat outfit and about on my way.
See you soon
Post a Comment