Friday, September 4, 2009

A few more pics from Ghana...

I'm sure you are all sick of seeing Ghana pictures, but too bad, because I'm showing you a few more. I just came across a few I wanted to post. Also I'm finally starting to get pictures my friends took on their cameras so if I get any more that I like I'll post those too.
I just love how these two kids can't seem to get close enough to the camera. Also, I'm pretty sure that the kid on the right has had his eyebrows tattooed or something. Actually, quite a few of the kids in that particular village had really dark, narrow, unnatural looking eyebrows. Maybe it is a tribal thing. Maybe Africans invented permanent makeup. It is possible.
I just thought this was a cute little girl. When we got off the bus in this village she grabbed my hand right away and stayed close the whole time we were there. The kids kind of claim you as their own and then there are little fights when another kid comes and grabs your other hand. Usually by the end of a walk through a village you've got several kids holding on to your fingers, a couple of kids hanging onto your arms and sometimes even somebody grabbing your elbow. It is pretty funny.
This kid is the African version of Lee...not because I think Lee is handicapped but because he enjoys playing like he's handicapped. And apparently so does this kid. He's probably like the age of a Deacon or so. I think that is when boys start getting a little goofy and annoying. Maybe it is earlier though, I don't know. This guy wanted me to stay in Ghana and marry him (and probably be his 6th wife or something). Get in line buddy, get in line. You aren't the only one who thinks that white and fat = rich. I did consider it for a few minutes though. I mean, I'm not getting any younger and this guy was one of the village chiefs. You can't do better than a chief.
I can't believe that I almost missed sharing this picture. In case you can't read it this dude's shirt says, "Lazy, bored & hungry...seeking a band or girlfriend." Haaaaaaaa! This guy too wanted to marry the white fat girl. I said, "funny shirt, but no."
Just a cute kid chilling in the shade.
Okay, this time they're getting SERIOUS on the no urinating thing. They are even going to fine you. It is too small of a fine if you ask me. It should be like 10,000 U.S. dollars for peeing in public. I can't wait until I'm in charge of the world!
I just think these two kids are adorable. I especially love that one of them is wearing a Superman shirt. I think that every kid should get to have a Superman shirt at some point in their childhood.
I like the wheelbarrow full of candy to sell. Pretty ingenious really. I think that pushing a wheelbarrow around has got to be way easier than carrying a bunch of candy on your head. Way to use your head kid! (That totally sounds like something my mom would say. Oops.)
Way to lay down the law! I just thought this was a funny sign.

5 comments:

Battfam said...

More good pictures. The old guys are a little creepy though, aren't they?

Becca's Blog said...

Too bad you think they're creepy mom. One of them could have been your son-in-law. I guess no son-in-law is better than a creepy son-in-law.

Thanks for being the ONLY one who commented on this post. You're the BEST!

Chris and Cindy said...

Hey Dude!!! I LOVE the little kid pictures, I want to bring them all home!!! They are adorable! Good picture taking skills... :)

kiddle97 said...

But Becca, one of them was a CHIEF! You can't marry a chief here. Just think of it. The stories you could tell your children about your courtship.

Also, I love the No Smoking, No Fighting and No Politics sign. I'm about fed up with politics...

Audrey said...

I have been meaning to comment on your blog for a very long time! I looked at your first Africa post and loved the pics! Loved the coloring in them... I swear most of them look like post cards! Are you sure you really spent 5 weeks in Africa or did you go somewhere else and then just post post cards on your blog?
Loved these pics too! I too wanna swipe a few of those kids! They are adorable! But just like my mom said... Kids are cute, then they grow up!
I hear ya on the family bumper sticker jazz! I read an article not too long ago that was warning people of this very thing! So I sadly had to scrape mine off of our van...NOT! I am not a fan of them myself... sorta cheesy!