When you pack on a few what kind of a fatty are you?
Okay, this post is not meant to be mean to any of my loyal blog readers or leeches and I'm not saying that any of us are fat...BUT...come on, don't we all fluctuate in weight a little? I think most adults do. I know I do. So, when I say, "What kind of a fatty are you?" I mean, when you pack on that extra 5 or 10 or 20 + from your norm (even if you were super skinny to start with)...do you get nicer, funnier, meaner, more annoying, etc?
You know how there are supposedly different types of drunks?...funny, annoying, depressed, nice, loud, angry, etc? (Oh, and by the way, I'm a funny drunk. At least the only time I've ever had alcohol, which was on my mission at the house of the counselor in the Bishopric ON ACCIDENT, I think I was SO funny. But my getting accidentally plastered on my mission is a story for another post and another day.)
Well anyway, my new theory is that getting a little chunky has different effects on different people.
Audrey, my cousin/hairdresser/friend/mother of my goddaughter Mia (that's right SUCKERS...I got to be the first one to babysit sweet little Miss Mia making me her honorary Godmother), and I were recently talking about a mutual associate that we have who has recently lost quite a bit of weight. We noticed that when this person is their skinny self they sure are a lot nicer and more personable.
So that got us talking about what happens to us when we pack on a few. And I should know, I'm pretty much at my FAT MAX right now and am hoping to pick up a nice tapeworm on my WAY HOME from Africa.
And I think that when I gain weight I get more funny or at least I'd like to think so. It is totally subconscious. It's like my subconscious self says, "You'd better be dang funny to distract from the fact that you've packed on a few...make people like you by making them laugh...make fun of yourself before someone makes fun of you."
So, you do like the girl in the picture above, and you put the cookies on your shoulder and make everybody laugh while you try to eat them with no hands. And people say, "That Mindy sure isn't much to look at but she's HILARIOUS!"
And this all is totally subconscious of course. You don't even consiously try to be nicer or funnier or whatever...it just happens.
I have another associate and when we were high school aged he was kind of a jerk and then he got married and got the married guy gut and now he's totally HUMBLE and NICE. Like night and day. So maybe getting a little fat isn't all bad.
I have another associate who got all skinny and then turned gay. Weird.
So anyway, packing on weight or losing it can do different things to different people. What does it do to you???
7 comments:
Gaining weight mainly makes my feet hurt, but I may actually get funnier. I'll have to think about that.
The first thing I thought of (looking at the pic at the top) was, now if those cookies were small bowls of watermelon or mac & cheese.....no hands-no problem.
Gaining weight just leaves these little red lines all over me and makes me feel uncomfortable.
overly-self-conscious and unhappy. yuck.
I'm doing a little weight gain thing myself right now, and it is making me 1) Mad at myself because I'm getting fat on food I don't really love and 2) Desperate and scared because I don't think I will be able to find new clothes here if I need them. I've got to get a grip.
turn gay? this is exactly why I dont wont lee to lose weight. ;)jk.
I get cranky because I want to eat more ice cream and oreos, but know that I should just stick to the apples and carrots. Good thing I can eat what I want, at least for 10 more weeks.
Post a Comment