Lee to me just a few minutes ago: "Hey Becca, if you lost a limb in an accident would you consider eating it?"
Before I could answer Russell says: "I might not eat it but I'd definitely keep the bones and make some jewelry or something out of it."
Me to Lee and Russell: "Definitely NOT. You guys are weird."
Lee: "Well, wouldn't you want to at least try and see what you tasted like?...I mean if you eat yourself it isn't considered cannibalism, right?"
Me: "I don't know if it is cannibalism or not but it is weird."
Lee: "I'd just throw my arm or leg or finger or whatever in the crock pot (Lee is REALLY into crock pot cooking right now) and taste it just to see..."
I immediately decide to blog this little conversation so that I can document that I am definitely not the weirdest one in my family. I mean, I might be deathly afraid of Bigfoot, but I am not weird or curious enough to want to eat any limbs I may lose in the future.
So I start googling cannibalism and looking for a great image for my blog and I find out a little more about cannibalism than I want to know. Yeah, so apparently some Chinese people are into eating babies. I tell my brothers this and also mention that in some cultures people eat the placenta after their children are born. I start reading some of the new information I find about cannibalism and then my brothers are like, "STOP reading that, you're SICK."
Me: "I'm sick? How did I end up being the sick one? You guys brought it up!"
Then we took a brownie break.
Kim goes to throw away a few crumbs from her brownie and Lee reaches over and grabs them and says, "Kim, don't throw those big crumbs away!"
Kim to Lee: "You would eat your own leg."
Lee to Kim: "Yeah, but if we had been in the Donner party I would put a tourniquet around my legs, cut them off, and sacrifice them for our family."
Kim: "Gee thanks."
Me to myself: "WOW it is amazing that I'm not even more messed up than I am."
The end.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
A typical Sunday afternoon conversation at my house...
Lee to me just a few minutes ago: "Hey Becca, if you lost a limb in an accident would you consider eating it?"
Before I could answer Russell says: "I might not eat it but I'd definitely keep the bones and make some jewelry or something out of it."
Me to Lee and Russell: "Definitely NOT. You guys are weird."
Lee: "Well, wouldn't you want to at least try and see what you tasted like?...I mean if you eat yourself it isn't considered cannibalism, right?"
Me: "I don't know if it is cannibalism or not but it is weird."
Lee: "I'd just throw my arm or leg or finger or whatever in the crock pot (Lee is REALLY into crock pot cooking right now) and taste it just to see..."
I immediately decide to blog this little conversation so that I can document that I am definitely not the weirdest one in my family. I mean, I might be deathly afraid of Bigfoot, but I am not weird or curious enough to want to eat any limbs I may lose in the future.
So I start googling cannibalism and looking for a great image for my blog and I find out a little more about cannibalism than I want to know. Yeah, so apparently some Chinese people are into eating babies. I tell my brothers this and also mention that in some cultures people eat the placenta after their children are born. I start reading some of the new information I find about cannibalism and then my brothers are like, "STOP reading that, you're SICK."
Me: "I'm sick? How did I end up being the sick one? You guys brought it up!"
Then we took a brownie break.
Kim goes to throw away a few crumbs from her brownie and Lee reaches over and grabs them and says, "Kim, don't throw those big crumbs away!"
Kim to Lee: "You would eat your own leg."
Lee to Kim: "Yeah, but if we had been in the Donner party I would put a tourniquet around my legs, cut them off, and sacrifice them for our family."
Kim: "Gee thanks."
Me to myself: "WOW it is amazing that I'm not even more messed up than I am."
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I enjoyed your earlier post about being homeless more than this one. I think you should put it back and remove this one. The leach Aunt Ellen
I guess you have the other one still here after all. Either you didn't have the picture before or it didn't open up on my dial up connection. Sorry Aunt Ellen
Yeah Aunt Ellen...maybe it is time to lose the dial-up!
Sorry you didn't like my cannibalism post. I guess stuff like that isn't for everyone.
The brownie break just made the whole conversation seem okay to me. Mine are mint what kind were yours??
Bobbi...we had yummy homemade brownies from a receipe in the Grant cookbook. They were delish. I know you are a huge brownie fan and so I have to recommend this receipe.
Hahaha. I think this is one of the reasons I like your family....not because I think they are cannibals but because they talk about weird stuff. I met this guy last night and what kind of story do I tell him...one about diarrhea. I'm also weird.
As I have said before, I sure miss the stimulating conversations we used to have. It also brings up the fact that maybe you shouldn't blog about the weirdest of the weird stuff you guys talk about. Remember...as far as anyone knows, we're a nice, normal family.
Just for the record, I would not be tasting myself. I already know it would be too sweet. Haaaaa Bad "Mom" joke, I know.
As long as no one is eating toenails...
Post a Comment