Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Year-end Summary

Year-end Summary 2008 alcohol units consumed: 0 (excellent) cigarettes: 0 (v.g.) pounds lost: 15 (good) pounds re-gained: 20 (not good) pounds re-lost 5: (v.g)
Summary of 2008, a year that was mostly great...
January & February: I honestly can't remember ANYTHING about these two months, which actually makes my year end summary a bit easier. I know I was in school and working. It was probably super cold and snowy too. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Oh wait...I just remembered something. I went to San Diego with my friends Heidi and Melissa from work. I can't remember if it was January or February but it was so much fun. Especially since we crossed over into Mexico for a day and went to Tijuana and Ensenada. I heart Mexico.
March: In March I road tripped Portugal, Spain, Morocco, and Gibraltar, U.K. with 4 of my spinster friends. Other than losing my luggage, getting stuck in the Holy Week crowds, and getting a flat tire on the Spinstermobile it was SO MUCH FUN.
April: In April I sold my little townhouse on Sienna Park Lane. I loved being a homeowner but I was ready to be not settled down for awhile. I especially didn't want to be stuck owning a house in Utah in a bad economy, so luckily I got out when things were still good. Yay for selling my house in less than 30 days!
This is when I started to dislike my job.
May: I spent May mostly moving out of my house. It was sad to leave it...especially because I just got done really decorating it (even though I lived there for three years) and then it was time to move. Because I hadn't found a place in SLC yet I moved all my stuff home to Idaho and spent a couple of weeks living in Provo with my Aunt Jenny. It was fun staying with her family but not fun commuting.
Dislike of job increases in May especially now that I sold my house and was officially unattached to Utah.
June: I used up all my vacation days in June so I could spend some time with my family and have a break from my unfulfilling job. My little brother Tyler got home from a mission to Ethiopia and Uganda on June 5th and then my parents headed to the MTC to prepare for their mission in the Brazil Fortaleza mission on June 21st. It was great to see Ty come home alive...especially now that we've heard his true mission stories but sad to see my parents go. I mean, I was happy for them but sad that we all have to be apart for 3 more years.
July & August: I gladly took a leave of absence from my work and I spent most of July and August in Paraguay working on some credits for my Public Health degree. It was a good experience and it was nice to get away from my job for awhile. On my way back from Paraguay I stopped off for a quick visit to my parents in Brazil. It was fun to see them adjusting to life in another country.
September: Back to school and work. Yuck.
September is when dislike for my job turned to hate. It was a long month.
October: During Fall break Kate, Christa and I headed to Costa Rica for a fun week of spinster travels. We had such a great adventure and the trip went really well despite the mudslides and lost luggage. And even if I had gotten swept away in a mudslide it would have been better than being at work.
November: Can't remember anything really except that I worked a ton...even on Thanksgiving Day. How sad and depressing.
December: Half a month working and hating life with the second half of the month spent in Brazil with my whole family and loving life. We had so much fun just being all together for the first time in six months. I'll post more on this later.
Overall, 2008 was a great year. I guess the theme for this year though could be "The year I started hating my job." I am SO READY for a change. I just don't know what yet. Hopefully I'll figure something out before I go completely insane. Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!

6 comments:

Brett said...

I think when I saw this on your blog last year was when I realized we could be friends. I heart BJD.

Christa said...

Ok, that was me, Christa, who posted that last comment. I didn't realize I was signed in as my brother. Oops.

Becca's Blog said...

That's okay Christa that you were signed in as your brother. Although I do have to admit that you got my hopes up. I thought to myself...'who is this Brett guy who loves Bridget Jones?...must be my soulmate or at least a good gay guy friend.' But I'm okay because I found out it was you and I'm glad to have you as a friend! Here's to more spinster trips in 2009.

Battfam said...

I'm glad to see you made it through another year without consuming units of alcohol or taking up smoking.

Stephanie said...

Well now I know why I didn't see you at all last year!! :) I hope this year is better for you!

Cassie said...

Sounds like you need to get another job. :o) At least you got to 'get out of Dodge' several times.