Saturday, January 10, 2009
Is this really my life?
I am sitting here wondering if this is really my life. My life is just usually more organized and planned.
It is Saturday night and on Monday I'm moving. The only problem is that I don't know where yet. I'm thinking of getting in the moving van on Monday, spinning a dial, and just driving in whichever direction it points until I get somewhere.
But I'm not that crazy yet I guess.
I'm sure I'll figure something out. I have to. Soon.
But until then may I just say that I'm glad I am a Mormon and always have been. Tonight I saw a guy walking home from the grocery store carrying a big old case of beer and I thought to myself, 'If I weren't Mormon I'd be a raging alcoholic right now.' So I guess it is a good thing that the only time I've ever had alcohol in my life was on accident on my mission and maybe because it was an accident and was on my mission that the firewater didn't take hold of me and turn me into an alcoholic right then and there. So, here's to being Mormon in times like these.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
"damn. you're in a tight spot."
(if you remember what that's from i'll give a big, fat hug.)
I'll drink to that.
I know what that is from, Geri, but maybe you still better give the hug to Becca. She is a little closer than I am and she might need one worse right now.
Here is another one to figure out,Becca.
"Things will work out." I hope you remember who said that and trust him.
Here you are in a bind & everyone wants you to figure out who said all this stuff...lol.
Good luck with everything...that doesn't sound fun!
We're glad that you're a Mormon, too. By this time next week, you'll be living somewhere and feeling better about things!!
Just go to the nearest Hampton Inn for a few days. That way you can kick back, relax, and think about what you need to do next. They have a pretty good complimentary breakfast too. I love a good breakfast.
You can always give my sister in law in Bountiful a jingle and see if she would like a super rad roomie!
Let me know if you need her number... good luck Becca!
I think you should move to Arizona. We have a lot of homeless people here this time of year because it is so much warmer than most places (like Utah) and you would have plenty of company. My suggestion would be to join the bums at the library because they can go in and surf the internet and read books all day, and maybe you could hit on the hot missionaries who visit there once a week to check their email. It is also a short walk to the temple and they have a fountain and pool there where (I have heard) sometimes gay people go to protest so maybe you could bath there with them. If you decide to come be sure to let me know so that in case I see you I will have some extra change in my pocket. Good luck with your decisions and alcoholic urges.
So did you get moved? Do they not have wireless access under the overpasses here in Utah?
Post a Comment