Thursday, January 1, 2009

Like a lamb going to the slaughter...

You know when you are in the middle of a really fun time in your life but you almost can't enjoy it because you know that a really not fun time in your life is on the way? Like a little lamb frolicking on a grassy knoll who senses that the next day is slaughter day... That's how I feel right now. Like a lamb soon to be going to the slaughter. BECAUSE, I'm in Brazil right now with my family and I still have three whole days left here and I'm having fun but I know that in just a few days I will be going back to: 1) a job I don't like 2)having to move by January 9th and not even having housing arrangements in SLC made 3)starting school again It is just like the end of the summer or Christmas break as a kid. I'm trying to just have fun and not think about what is coming but it is hard not to see the end of fun and freedom in sight. At least I'm going to Belize 10 days after getting back from Brazil. That what is keeping me alive right now. Happy end of the holiday season everyone! Enjoy your last days of freedom.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Have tons of fun and travel home safely!!

Battfam said...

Quit...You're making me weepy.

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca's Blog said...

When I work, I work a ton. And if you are miserable in a job it doesn't matter how little you work...it still is horrible.

Lucy said...

so very true.

Cassie said...

That is very true. Layne loved his job until his current boss came. Now going to work is a living *!@!.

Anonymous said...

And it is so darn cold here. 16 below zero when we went to church this morning. The cold isn't so bad when you are having fun, but January is not much fun.
ILove,
Grandma

hmmm said...

i can't stop giggling about Cassie's little *!@!.... HA! was that supposed to be you swearing or Layne?

yeah. i'm feelin ya though. back to school for me and i'm dragging my feet. BIG TIME. it's especially terrible when it's so cold like Grandma said.

Rachel said...

If you want to live in Urban Sprawl, we have an extra room. Check that off your list.