Last night I was at Macey's buying a few pre-Sabbath groceries. They had a big display of Valentine's Day candy and other paraphernalia (such as gorgeous red silk roses). I decided to see if there was any good candy or special Valentine's surprises I could send my parents.
Of course half of the display was taken up by Conversation Hearts...those nasty little powdery bad excuse for a candy candies. And although I think they are disgusting I remembered that my dad likes most candy that I would consider disgusting (such as: orange sticks, those Circus Peanut things, jelly orange slices, and even those little chalky Necco coin looking things) so I decided to get them some. (Don't worry MOM, I got you guys the good SweetTart ones).
There are a lot of different brands and different types of conversation hearts. As I looked through them I noticed that the Necco brand had a heart that said "FAX ME." Wow, I thought to myself...that's the sexiest thing I can think of someone saying to me..."FAX ME." Maybe I'll try it sometime. I meet a guy I like at a party, I hand him my number and say "Fax me." Maybe it would work, who knows.
Since I'll soon be happily unemployed, maybe I could get a job with Necco helping them update their conversation heart sayings. I mean, I may be eternally single but even I know that "fax me" hasn't been a come-on since 1992 (and probably not even then.) At least Brach's brand had "YOU ROCK" as one of their sayings. They must be a little more with it.
Anyway, happy V-day to everyone who likes V-day...and to the rest of us (my Spinster friends) I'll see you in Belize!
And if any of you work for Necco or know anyone that works for Necco, tell them I'd be glad to do some consulting work and help them update their conversation hearts.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Valentine's Day, my favorite.
Last night I was at Macey's buying a few pre-Sabbath groceries. They had a big display of Valentine's Day candy and other paraphernalia (such as gorgeous red silk roses). I decided to see if there was any good candy or special Valentine's surprises I could send my parents.
Of course half of the display was taken up by Conversation Hearts...those nasty little powdery bad excuse for a candy candies. And although I think they are disgusting I remembered that my dad likes most candy that I would consider disgusting (such as: orange sticks, those Circus Peanut things, jelly orange slices, and even those little chalky Necco coin looking things) so I decided to get them some. (Don't worry MOM, I got you guys the good SweetTart ones).
There are a lot of different brands and different types of conversation hearts. As I looked through them I noticed that the Necco brand had a heart that said "FAX ME." Wow, I thought to myself...that's the sexiest thing I can think of someone saying to me..."FAX ME." Maybe I'll try it sometime. I meet a guy I like at a party, I hand him my number and say "Fax me." Maybe it would work, who knows.
Since I'll soon be happily unemployed, maybe I could get a job with Necco helping them update their conversation heart sayings. I mean, I may be eternally single but even I know that "fax me" hasn't been a come-on since 1992 (and probably not even then.) At least Brach's brand had "YOU ROCK" as one of their sayings. They must be a little more with it.
Anyway, happy V-day to everyone who likes V-day...and to the rest of us (my Spinster friends) I'll see you in Belize!
And if any of you work for Necco or know anyone that works for Necco, tell them I'd be glad to do some consulting work and help them update their conversation hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I must admit that Jared's favorite Valentine's candy is the large size Conversation hearts. He eats bags & bags every year. He also loves Neccos, circus peanuts, and the orange slices. He and your Dad should hang out and eat candy.
I thought that it was a little odd when I found out about his love for weird candy myself.
The circus peanuts are great, the rest yuck. I have a package of the hearts from last valentine's day I'll give you to send to your dad. Aunt Ellen
I don't know what you are talking about...that's how I get all my dates. It's all in the wink when you say it.
Yuck-Yuck!! Zoey asks for some at every store she sees them... and I just can't let her waste her 1 treat on those nasty little things!!
What about the Brach's cinnamon jelly hearts? Were there any of those? I heart those. (Mom joke, sorry.) Farley's brand will do in a pinch, but Brach's are the best.
I found some "Sweets" cinnamon hearts last night at Smith & Edwards. I have never figured out why they don't make quite enough of the Brach's brand. You buy a bag, go back and they are gone!
Not much of a fan of conversation hearts, but some body must love them, because EVERY store has them.....and lots of them. I think you can take up Aunt Ellen on her last years bag, too. Once I bought a bunch at 90% off at Target to fill a big jar at work the next year. Every one got eaten with no complaints.
Post a Comment