Saturday, February 21, 2009

7 Glitches in the System...

A tag I received from Geri forever ago.
So I guess I'm supposed to list 7 things that are glitches in my system...things that are wrong with me, different about me, or just little things that make me me. So here we go...
First of all, I am racking my brain trying to think of anything wrong with me and since I cannot I am just going with things that are different about me. In no particular order...
numero uno: I have always prided myself in not being a picky eater but in recent years I'm discovering that maybe I am a picky eater even if I don't want to admit it. I think that the reason it has taken me so long to figure this out about myself is that I will try ANYTHING to eat...if for no other reason than to add it to my "Disgusting things I've eaten" list. I've eaten cow intestines, cow liver, chicken feet, squid, snails, blood sausage, guinea pig, caviar, whole fried fish (including the head), various raw meats, and recently even a live termite. However, although I'll try pretty much anything one time, once I decide I don't like something I just don't eat it anymore. Here are some foods I don't like too much: mushrooms, raw onions, cheddar cheese, bacon (unless you can pick out all the fat), sausage, pastrami, salami, pepperoni, oysters, clams, squid, any part of an animal other than the actual meat, American yogurt, cheap junk food, most fast food, etc. Oh, and I only like fruit and string cheese if it is room temperature....I don't like food to be too cold.
numero dos: I spend/waste COUNTLESS hours on the Internet researching travel. I plan trips I never go on. I look up airfare for flights I won't really be flying just so I can know how much it costs to get from point A to point B. I research hotels I never stay in. I have a crazy fascination with traveling, whether or not it really happens. BUT I guess that's how I find good deals...like 150 dollars round trip to Belize for example and I guess that's how sometimes some trips do work out.
numero tres: And speaking of good deals, I love to get one and I love to tell people that I got one so that they can try to get a good deal too or at least tell me I'm awesome for having gotten my good deal. I especially love getting good deals on things I was already planning on buying (like 70% off the new luggage I wanted) and not just impulse purchases due to a very good deal (like the two tickets to Belize I bought for myself).
numero cuatro: I have grocery bags full of random junk everywhere. Overall I pride myself on being a very clean and organized person but my bedroom is usually messy and even when it is clean I usually have boxes or bags full of random stuff somewhere. These little piles, bags, and boxes of randomness usually come about from cleaning my car or a purse (and putting the random stuff I'm not sure what to do with in a bag for later sorting). Or they come from making moves in a hurry and instead of sorting and throwing out stuff at the time I just put it in a box, label it "RANDOM" or "MISC" and forget about it.
numero cinco: Even though I am 29, I still don't make my bed...hardly ever anyway. I really only make my bed either right after I wash my sheets, if someone is coming over and will see my bedroom, or before I go on a trip (just in case I die on the trip I don't want anyone to think or know I was a slob).
numero seis: I say and do stupid stuff all the time...I guess just to get attention or to get a good laugh. I don't think I need to go into much detail about this. All who know me or who are regular blog readers/leeches know that I didn't come installed with pop-up blocker or filter. What comes to mind comes out. Sometimes for a good laugh and sometimes to make me look stupid or to get me in trouble. I mean really, who tells their married male co-worker, "let's gang bang this work and get off early"??? But just for the record I SWEAR I didn't know what it meant at the time.
numero siete: I have a major thing for Idaho...to a fault. I love Idaho and want to live there forever and ever. This is mostly due to the fact that all my family lives in Idaho, that if I live there I can have a nice house built by my dad, and that it is just a good place to live. When I meet single guys from SE Idaho (excluding Pocatello and Roberts of course) I automatically give them a subconscious plus 1000 points in my subconscious dating point system. This causes a lot of problems for me as it makes me fall for guys that are really wrong for me and makes me miss out on potentially dating guys that are way right for me (if they don't happen to be from, want to live in, and love Idaho). I'm trying to get past this little glitch and give guys from other places a chance, since I'll have to if I ever want to get married (since there are, at my last count, only 2 Idaho guys left single and there are tons of Utah guys) but it is so subconscious that I can hardly help it.
So there you go...there are 7 of the glitches in my system. May I echo Geri's words in saying, "in spite of all these things you guys still like me, right?"
I tag anyone who hasn't done a blog post in the past two weeks.

5 comments:

Christa said...

1st. That gang bang comment was hilarious!
2nd. Let me know the about the next trip. I do see a tax return in my future and will need to put it to good use!

Battfam said...

Hey, your cousin married a very fine fellow from Pocatello and Russell used to live in Roberts. You might have to back up on the Pocatello/Roberts thing.

Bobbi said...

No bacon and no cheddar cheese?? crazy. However I do agree with you on loving Idaho. It's a good place to live.

Becky said...

Gang bang...man, I'm glad to know there are other people in the world who say stuff like this! Thanks for another laugh.

Rachel said...

Wow - you are a picky eater!!! I practically live on cheddar cheese, bacon, sausage and pepperoni. Or maybe I'm just a really unhealthy eater.