Sunday, August 31, 2008

Today I'm glad I'm a Spinster because...

Today I'm glad I'm a Spinster because... My life is crazy right now and I am neglecting a lot of things in my life but at least I don't have the added guilt of neglecting a husband and children too. So I'm grateful for that. Here's a quick review of my week. Sunday night flew back into Idaho Falls from visiting my parents in Brasil. Ate a yummy Sunday dinner prepared by Lee and Kim. Took a shower and went to bed. (Oh yeah and of course while I'm in the shower my brothers have to slip a picture of a frog under the door. They also had a three-dimensional one waiting for me in my room. My family is so hilarious. Ha ha.) Got up Monday morning. Got an awesome cut and color from my favorite hair stylist Audrey. Went back to my parents' house. Filled my car with my closest belongings in sight and drove back to SLC. Arrived in SLC Monday night around 9 and moved in to a new house I had never seen with roommates I had never met. (LEAP OF FAITH, big time). Tuesday morning I was up bright and early and off to work...later that day I started back at school too (Biostatistics...YUCK!). Spent the rest of the week trying to maintain the very delicate balance of working full time, graduate school and not having a mental breakdown. No wonder I enjoyed my peaceful, work-free summer. I forgot how busy and crazy my "normal" life is. So anyway, I'm just glad that by living this crazy life I live I'm not neglecting anyone but myself really. Instead of neglecting a family I am neglecting things like: *School work *Work *Working out...only did one-half of a Pilates class this week. Missed the other half because I got locked out of my new house. Nice. *Cleaning my room and unpacking *Social life And...last but not least...MY EYEBROWS This isn't me but it is a close match. I could really go for a good pluck right now. The end.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Holy Cow!!... How do you do it all? That is enough to make anyone crazy and bushy eyebrowed!!

Nojathon said...

As long as you're calling Brazil "Brasil", why don't you start calling soccer "football" as well.

*rolls eyes* foreigners, sheesh

Rachel said...

I'm glad to hear you're back living in SLC and not commuting from Provo. Let's go to dinner when you feel like neglecting something else!