Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oranges, Arby's, and Leisure Suits...CENSORED!

Oranges, Arby's, and Leisure Suits...these are a few of the things that I love. So lately I'm loving these three things...maybe it is just the freezing cold weather and snow storms that we keep having that is forcing me to try to appreciate something about this winter. So here you have my little bit of gratitude for the season.

I LOVE Cara Cara oranges. Cara Cara oranges aren't just any old orange. They are very special, tasty, and actually are better for you than the average orange. I think they are a cross between a normal orange and a blood orange or something. Thank you genetic engineering. Anyway, whatever they are, or whoever created them, they are good...a little pricey but way worth the money. And they are in season now!


So I'm not really normally a big fan of fast food, but I am loving Arby's new french dip. The bread is so good. Yum. I get it without the Swiss as I don't like fake fast food cheese, so I can't tell you if it is good with the cheese or not. Maybe I'm just loving it because my occasional Arby's french dip is the closest thing to real food I have anymore as I am mostly surviving on granola bars, protein shakes, and almonds lately due to lack of time and the fact that I don't cook anymore. Anyway, get to Arby's and try one before some dork spills the hot Au ju sauce on their cr#!ch while trying to eat and drive and then they have to take them off the market because Arby's gets sued. It is bound to happen.


And last but not least...LEISURE SUITS! I love leisure suits. I have two of them now and wear them all of the time. Basically anytime I'm at home I'm in my leisure suit. It keeps me warm and is a much better thing to answer then door in then some old nasty pajama pants with the cr#@ch ripped out and an old 5k t-shirt which is probably what I would be wearing if it wasn't for my leisure suit. Well I guess they aren't exactly real leisure suits like the one in this picture. I just started calling these outfits I wear leisure suits for lack of a better term. I don't really know what these things I wear are called. They aren't exactly a sweat suit. I don't know. Someday I'll post a picture of me in my new one because it is super cute, but until then just imagine what you would see a middle aged woman with fake blond hair, fake b#*bs, over tanned skin, usually driving a Tahoe, would wear to the grocery store and you've got the right idea. Wow, that was a long sentence. Anyway, I would highly recommend that everyone get a leisure suit or two. It will change your life.

8 comments:

Becca's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

First I love Arby's french dip sandwich too.... I loved it even more when the au jus was thick... I didn't get the bread soggy. I don't know why they changed it... but it's still good!!
Second I now really want to try those cara cara oranges... they sound awesome!!
And those are called velour track suits... And I also love them!!

Anonymous said...

i feel like there is a running theme here....is it the word "cr*#&h?" love it. the end. and i will try to the arbys.

jess said...

yeah- but are they as good as mandarinas??
hey- aren't you coming down like next week? we need to talk!

nettie said...

we have been eating up cara oranges. they are REALLY good. I didn't even know they had a specific name until I read this blog and then noticed the sticker on my orange. They are the best oranges I've had in a long time.

Becky said...

It's still as good the second time! In fact I probly laughed even more over the censoring!! @#$%^&*!

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my velour leisure suits and that is exactly what I call them too. We may be related. If I didn't plan on running to the grocery store to look for Postum, for your mommy, I'd have one on right now!

Bobbi said...

My first try of the Arby's french dip was just last week and I've been craving it ever since! They are extra good. I think Arby's will always have a special place in our hearts from the good old Mini Bazaar days when we were starved out of our minds and had to WALK 17th street to get a Regular. good times--