Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm it!

My friend Corrine tagged me...so I'm it! I guess it gives me an idea of something to write about. So here you go...

What was I doing 10 years ago?...Five years ago I was a Freshman at Ricks College trying to figure out what to do with my life. Funny how now 10 years later I'm still basically in the same place I was then...trying to figure out what to do with my life. Maybe I'll never get that figured out.

What are 5 things on my "To Do" List today?...Those of you who know me well, know that I am THE QUEEN OF LISTS. I make lists for everything. There are lists all over my house...grocery lists, homework lists, things I need to do lists, goal lists, lists of things to write in my journal, lists of things to blog about, lists of places I want to go, lists of movies I want to see, lists of books I want to read...LISTS. I'm not kidding...come over to my house sometime and I'll show you all of my lists. Does that mean that I am an organized person who gets an amazing amount of things done everyday? NO. Instead it means that I am someone that gets a few things done and spends way too much time sorting back through old lists and consolidating lists. So, here are 5 things from my "To Do" List today. Of course I don't only have 5 things as I am not smart enough to "Aim Low and Achieve" as I should.

*Reserve a rental car for our up-coming Spinsters in Spain 2008 trip...this daunting task is NOT DONE
*Read at least 10 pages of the Book of Mormon. I'm trying to do that "Hinckley Challenge" thing and read it in 97 days and I am already a little behind...DONE
*Run 6 miles...Ran 3 so far, will run 3 more tonight...I'm a wimp so I split it up
*Homework...I have a ton of it and have thus far completed none of it...Yuck!
*Clean my bedroom and bathroom as they are an utter disaster right now...NOT DONE

What are some snacks I enjoy? Room temperature apple slices or grapes eaten with room temperature string cheese (so much more flavor at room temp and no pain to my freshly whitened teeth), almonds, Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut ALMOND granola bars, Luna Peppermint Stick energy bars, and pretty much any room temperature fruit I can afford.

What things would I do if I suddenly became a billionaire? Wow. This deserves a blog post of its own but I'll try and give a condensed version now. My brother Lee and I used to play the "What would you do if you won the Powerball lottery?" game all of the time when we would drive from Utah to Idaho together. First of all, I would pay my tithing, unless of course I won the money in the lottery or came across it in another shady way...I wouldn't want God to have dirty money. Next, quit my job, no questions asked and no 2 week notice. Then I would give my townhouse in Utah to some poor person, move to Idaho and build a beautiful, big, but not disgustingly huge house. I would then find my old car Phyllis somehow and have her lovingly restored. I would make sure that my family members were all okay financially and buy them each an awesome car and pay off their houses. Then I would pay for about 1000 Ethiopian kids to go to school, give a few million to the charity Village of Hope, and then I would spend the rest of my life traveling and doing humanitarian projects all over the world. I would use my beautiful home in Idaho as a home base so I could spend time with my family but I would spend at least half of each year in other countries. Oh yeah, and I'd probably buy a husband too. I'm sure I could get a decent guy to like me if I payed him 50 million or so.

What are 3 of my bad habits?
*Saying whatever comes to my mind without processing/editing it first
*Staying up way too late all of the time
*Buying too many Diesel brand shoes. I love Diesel shoes!

What are some things people don't know about me? Well I'm pretty much an open book due to the fact that I talk a lot and say everything that is on my mind. But here are a few of my deep dark secrets... I big time miss having my brother Lee live with me (and not just because I have a ton of light bulbs that I can't reach that need changing or because he used to do all of the cooking). I have NO CLUE what I'm doing with my life or what career to choose. I am seriously considering serving another mission...weird, I know, especially since I know how hard missions are. And, last but not least I fear that I will die in my house and be found as Bridget Jones best put it, "fat and alone, half-eaten by wild dogs."

Oh yeah, and I tag MOM, Aunt Lucy, Geri, Rachel, and Bobbi. You're it!

8 comments:

Kate said...

I too fear that I will end up "fat and alone, half-eaten by wild dogs." But I take comfort knowing that if this does happen I will get a tombstone with 'Spinster' written across the top just like BJ envisioned.

jess said...

you are so funny. can't wait to catch up this weekend!

Audrey said...

Becca, you may have to explain "tagged" to my mother. She is a newbie therefor I don't think she understands such things. As soon as she gets a few moments to herself I already promised her my undivided attention and helping her become the blogger we know she can be!
Ok AND remind me to bring my own treats/snacks next time I come over! Yours are WAY too healthy for me! There was no peanut butter m&m's, swedish fish, oreo cookies, or anything of that substance! (i actually admire that about you and hope someday i too enjoy healthy things.) I am with you on room temperature string cheese and I promise the best brand is Western Family! It pulls nice small strings. Best with wheat thins of course.
Ok I am done, you don't have to accept this if it is too stupid. I am on some heavy meds right now and so I am not sure if anything makes sense.

Battfam said...

It's no fair to tag an old lady that can't run that fast, but I'm a good sport so I'll try. MOM

Becca's Blog said...

Audrey...What kind of heavy meds are you on? Hopefully not Amerge. Okay, I think that the best string cheese is the Precious brand Reduced fat string cheese, but I will try the Western Family for sure. You guys do need to come down again. Maybe we can have a shopping/makeup/hair weekend and you guys can help me look more cool. And, yeah, bring your own snacks.

Battfam said...

Just two more comments, Bec. Okay, maybe three. 1) The "tagged" picture is a little morbid, yet somehow funny. 2) Is your math right on that what were you doing 5years ago part? 3) What is Amerge? (You can just email me the answer to that if it is something nasty.)

Becca's Blog said...

Yeah, I meant to write "what was I doing 10 years ago?" so I fixed it now. And Amerge is the miracle migraine medicine that has changed my life...nothing nasty.

Becky said...

Always enioy a good Becca Blog!! I have been out of the loop for a good week now!! I finally feel well enough to sit up and read some blogs!! My next step to recovery will be writing my own!!