Friday, March 18, 2011

Welcome Home Becca


I got home from Brazil a week ago and found this...




on the rear window of my car.  


I laughed quite a bit to myself and then instantly started guessing which of my three brothers was the culprit.  Because I knew it had to be one of them.  No one else would dare put a Spinster, Family of One, sticker on my car, except one of my brothers...or one of my spinster friends.  And none of my spinster friends live in Idaho, so I knew it had to be one of my brothers.  


I'll let you guess which one(s) it was.  


Anyway, I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep it on my car.  The last time I had any sort of sticker on my car was in 1998 when my 1964 Ford Falcon Futura, Phyllis, sported an Impeach Clinton Now! sticker.  
 
So do I keep this Spinster, Family of One sticker on my car? Is it funny?  Or does it scream "lonely and weird"...or "Hey serial killer, pick me, pick me...I'm all alone in the world and it will take longer for anyone to report me missing"...?  


I'm thinking I could add "SPINSTER" below it to make it funnier.  And maybe even write "SPINSTER" in Old English font...you know, to give me some credibility with the gangs.  


What do you think?  



12 comments:

Battfam said...

Very funny. I think you should keep it as it is, at least for a while. If you do the Old English Spinster thing, you better make it Spinsta, don't you think.
My guess: Lee and Kim.

Kim said...

I LOVE it! Definitely put "Spinster" underneath.

This post made me so happy.

Amy said...

Funny.

Cassie said...

I think she is cute and should stay.
My guess: Grandma

kiddle97 said...

I think you had better do whatever it takes to give you some credibility with the gangs. For instance, if you ever run into the Van Buren boys, their sign is to hold your thumb and middle finger together. Sorry, couldn't resist the call-back to Seinfeld.

Kim-may said...

I think you should leave it up only one condition-- that you get 7 cat stickers along with it.
You know I don't really think you are a spinster (as you say) nor a weird single person that owns 7 cats, but i still think its a funny sticker.

Anonymous said...

I think you should either remove it or commit all the way and add 7 cat stickers. Just my opinion.

Becca's Blog said...

Kim-may and Anonymous...

You are hilarious. Yes, I'm going to keep it and add 7 cat stickers to it, AND Spinster. Where do you buy them? That way it should be obvious enough that I'm being sarcastic about the whole thing and not lonely and depressed and weird.

Thank you for the wonderful idea!

Oh, and if this particular anonymous isn't Lee then it's freaky...because I posted your comments at the same time and you both had the same idea.

Becca's Blog said...

Does anyone know anybody who can cut me out a little SPINSTER out of white lettering for my car? It doesn't have to be in Old English font.

kate said...

I'm going to say Lee and Kim because I doubt that Russell or Tyler would know what kind of stores sell these stickers

kiddle97 said...

Becca, you might try this: http://kuhnkreations.blogspot.com/ It looks like it hasn't been done in a while, but I had emailed the girl several weeks ago regarding her chore chart, and I heard back from her a few days ago, so it might work. Anyway, there's a picture of car decals if you're still interested. :)

Becca's Blog said...

Thanks Kirsten. I'll look at that website. Hopefully she won't think I'm a freak when I order seven cat stickers and the word "spinster" to put on my car.