Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hallelujah,

Praise be!
Only six months left.  
I think I can make it. 

I'm ready for shopping with my mom.
and for drift-busting with my dad.
I'm ready to have my whole family together again.
I'm ready for holidays and every-days.
I'm ready to not have to spend a ton of money every time I want to see my parents.
I'm ready to be done sending packages and "shipments" to Brazil.
I'm ready for life to be back to normal.
I like normal (mostly).



Not to be a big whine-bag or anything, but the past two and a half years haven't been my favorite years.  In fact, they've maybe been my least favorite...other than the sixth grade.  I hated the sixth grade.  It sucked.

But before we know it my parents will be home.  And it will be so nice to have them back.  I think (and hope) that the next six months will fly by.  

I think that maybe my parents have been in Brazil too long...I know for sure that my mom has been the mission nurse for too long...she's turning into a bit of a hypochondriac.  Today I coughed while talking to her on the phone...just one innocent, little, short, normal cough.  
And she says to me.."Do you have Tuberculosis?" 
Me: "No, why?"
Her: "Because you always cough at least once when I talk to you on the phone...have you been tested?" 
Me: "Yes MOM, I have been tested, several times...(post-mission test plus mandatory yearly testing for healthcare workers)...I'm TB free."
Her: "Oh, okay."


Anyway, I do realize that I haven't yet blogged my 2010 Year-end Summary.  I will...don't you worry.  I've just been super busy this past week keeping a posse of Brazilian house-guests entertained, fed, and transported.  


But now they're gone and the party is over and it's time to get back to my blogging duties...and to clean, and do laundry, and exercise, and get some sleep!


So stay tuned for more blogging soon...

5 comments:

Battfam said...

So glad you are blogging again. I've missed your blogs even though I've talked to you a lot lately. Ana, Marcos and Thamirys look happy. Your efforts were worth it.

Thanks for putting our stickers on too. That chart is looking good.

I hope getting back to "normal" is all you think it's going to be. What is normal anyway?

Lucy said...

Hey, I didn't know about he Brazilian guy. That was probably fun for them to see Idaho during the "holidays"!

Battfam said...

I thought Ana and Marcos went to Lucy's house or was that just Ana?

Becca's Blog said...

Just Ana and Thamirys went to Lucy's.

kate said...

I can understand how you feel Becca. I realize that my parents were not gone for THREE years (which definitely would be harder) but having the whole family split up over the course of three and a half years was bad enough and the reunion has been incredible. Home feels like home again. So I'm excited for them to come home for you too.